Chapter 7

"You've got to tell me what that was about!" Bill said as he followed close behind me." You already heard the whole entire thing, Bill. I don't need to explain anything!"

He followed me down the stairs of the school and down the main hallway towards the school doors." That doesn't mean you can't tell me if you're okay or not. Please tell me if you're okay, Emi."

I was starting to get annoyed. I like Bill, and I might even love and care about him, but he should already know what Louis said made me feel." Bill it's not important, just drop it!" I shouted." Emi will you slow down!" He said trying to catch up to me. I didn't respond, instead I tried to walk faster. But of course he caught up to me. As I reached the front doors, I felt a hand grasp my arm. I turned around to meet Bills eyes, he genuinely looked worried. I felt bad for not telling him, I wanted to, but I've never opened up to someone like that." Please Emi, I can tell he got to you. You just can't listen to Louis, he gets in everyone's heads like that."

The tears I held in while Louis and I talked, started to pour out of my eyes uncontrollably. My lip started to quiver as I tried to keep myself together. The sight of Bill started to blur, as my tears continued to cloud up my sight. And without a word, he pulled me into a hug. At this point I started to sob, this is the closest I've been to someone, in a very long time." Emi, you can't let him get to you. He's just a stupid herbivore, and he'll never understand the struggles we have to go through every day."

He pulled away, but held my shoulders. By the looks he gives me, I can tell he likes me more then a friend. It sucks that I don't like him anymore then just a friend, he seems so sweet. But I can't get close to anyone in that way. I gave him a small smile, and put my hand up to his cheek." Thank you, Bill. For everything." He returned the smile.

"What are friends for?" He patted my head and gave out a chuckle." Now get home, tomorrow is the first day of the play. You need some sleep" I gave him a nod, and wiped the last of my tears away. I turned to walk out of the building before giving him one last look." Goodnight, Bill."

-

The next day, the play was to start. Louis cares about this play a lot, he even gave us a speech about how we were to not mess it up. That this play and club needs to set a good example for the new kids. Which even though the way he spoke to us made us feel like crap, we all understood.

There was twenty minutes before the play was to start, and I had to check everyone's costumes to make sure they were all good. The only costume I had left to check was Louis, which was going to be difficult since he was in his dressing room. I shuffled as quick as I could to the room, and knocked quietly." It's Emi, may I come in?"

"Yes, of course" he replied. I pushed open the door to see him standing there, eyeing himself in the mirror." I have to check your costume before you go on stage, is that alright with you?" I said. He nodded his head. He stood up from his chair, but suddenly started to collapse." Louis, are you okay?" I said rushing over to him. He caught himself by grabbing the makeup table in front of him." Stop asking such stupid questions. Just check my damn costume." God that makes me just want to hurt him. As he stood up, I walked over behind him. As I checked his cape, I could hear his hollow breathing. I watched as his shoulders moved up and down, he seemed short of breath. I could tell something was really wrong.

"Have you thought about what we discussed?"He asked as he looked at me through the mirror. I continued to check his cape, looking for rips and tears." Yes I have, can you turn around for me?" He turned around to face me. He looked so stern, I don't think I've ever seen this kid smile. I started to check his vest, making sure everything was in place." And?" He asked looking down at me. I got on my knees to check his pants, to make sure they were the perfect length, with also no rips or tears." Even though you treat me as though I'm not a living creature, and even though you talk down to me, I do believe we can become close friends-"

"Partners" he said correcting me.

"Partners, yes. But I don't believe we can get along, seeming as though you don't like me very much." I stood up and brushed off my outfit." I think that we can get past that." He said continuing to look down at me." I don't think you're a bad person, Emi. You honestly seem more trust worthy then any other carnivore in this club." I'm really not.." I believe you have some potential, and that you could do some good for this club." I started to check his sleeves.

"But it doesn't seem like you'll even try to get along with me, Louis. I would love to be partners with you, but it doesn't seem like you'll put in any effort to even try to even act civilized to me." I looked up at him with a smile." Your costumes good, you should be on in ten." I said making my way towards the door.

"Emi" he said with another stern tone." I think we could be good partners, will you at least try?" I gave him another small smile. I nodded my head, I should at least give him a chance." You're on in ten, remember." I walked out of the room, and closed the door behind me. I looked up to see Legosi on lights, we still haven't talked, it makes me a little sad in a way." Are all costumes good? We're on in two." Dom asked through my headset." We're all good to go, Dom." I said with a low whisper. As I said that, I turned to see Louis by my side. I looked up and gave him a smile." You're going to do amazing" I said to him.

He kept his head forward, eyeing the stage. I looked up at Legosi again, and there he was looking down at me. My heart raced as I met his eyes, it put my stomach in knots." We're on!" Dom said through the headset.

"Go Louis!" I said stepping back from him, and as I said those words, he made his way onto the stage.

-

AN: I know this chapter was super boring, but I promise there is waaay way more to come!!!

Published: 2/19/20