Chapter 12

I appologize for not getting a chance to upload, last night. I've been busy, as of late, and may not be able to work on any stories for a wile. That said, please remember to comment. While its not mandatory, I love hearing your oppinions, as it helps know what I'm doing wrong, and what I'm doing right.

Thank you for your compliance =)

**************************************************************************************************

“How did this happen?” Maralee demanded. Casmiere had just told her what happened with Victoria and his brother’s look-a-like.

“If I knew that, I’d be trying to fix it,” he stated, and dropped his eyes to the floor with a sigh. “I can only think of one thing to do.”

Maralee lifted an eyebrow as he reached his hand around his side. He pulled a dagger from his belt and took a step towards Maralee. As he advanced, Maralee began slowly backing away, until she ended up against the wall. Casmiere lifted the weapon by the blade and held it out for Maralee to take. “You have to use this,” he stated. “With anything else, there’s a chance it might not work.”

Maralee’s eyes widened, disbelievingly, as she realized what he was asking of her. “You want me to kill you?” she demanded, and he only nodded. She slowly shook her head back and forth. “No,” she stated. “I can’t do it. I won’t do it.” She held his face in her hands. “We’ll get through this, together. I know you’re stronger than this.”

“We both thought so,” he replied. “Well, we did until a few moments ago, when I came fairly close to killing the woman baring my children.”

She dropped her hands to her side, and her face towards the floor. “Casmiere,” she said quietly.

“I won’t be able to control him,” he snapped. “Even now, he’s yelling at me to let him go, clawing at my mind until I release him. I’m on the verge of going insane, Maralee, you have no idea what this is doing to me.”

 She lifted her eyes, now filled with sadness and sorrow, and bore them into his. “How about you give me the knife, we wait until the Alligatio, and if it’s still hard, afterward, we’ll-” she dropped her eyes to the knife, and brought them back up, almost instantly, “I’ll do it,” she finished.

Casmiere sighed. “Fine,” he agreed, and Maralee slowly reached out and took the knife with shaking hands. “Thank you,” he said, and wrapped his arms tightly around her shoulders.

Casmiere landed on his balcony and lifted an eyebrow at Patrick, who stood in the center of his room, waiting for him.

“We have something to talk about,” Patrick stated, his face stern and emotionless. He motioned to the bed. “Sit,” he instructed. Hesitantly, Casmiere obeyed, and moved to sit on his bed. “My daughter told me what happened this morning,” he started. “Care to explain?”

Casmiere dropped his eyes. “I’m sorry,” Casmiere began.

“Sorry?” Patrick demanded, lifting an eyebrow. “Sorry for saving my daughters life?”

Casmiere lifted an eyebrow at him. “I’m confused,” he admitted.

Patrick sat next to him on the bed. “She told me how you entered her room just in time to kill the man that almost killed her, and you killed the man Xero’s imposter. I wanted to know how you knew he wasn’t Xero, and how you know Victoria was in trouble.”

Casmiere sighed, and dropped his eyes to the carpet. “I’m sorry to say, but I had no idea it wasn’t Xero,” he replied, slowly and quietly.

“Surely you did,” Patrick stated with a raised eyebrow.