Chapter 2

Well into the night, a few hours after the camp had fallen quiet and asleep, Casmiere stepped from the shrubs he had been hiding in, and into the plain winter air. 'Now's the perfect time,' a voice said in his head. 'You can kill them all before anybody realizes what's happening.'

"Shut up," he snarled at himself.

'Come on,' the voice urged. 'You know you want to. Just imagine how their blood will feel spraying on your skin as you rip through their tender, human flesh.'

Casmiere tried his best to ignore the voice that existed inside of him. He closed his eyes and tried to picture anything but. He couldn't though. Instead, when he shut his eyes, he could see the blood spraying through freely through the air, coating his body, and drenching his clothing. Having enough, he forced his eyes opened to find he had moved without realizing it, and was now in a cabin. He stared at the small boy sleeping on the bed in front of him.

'Do it,' the voice urged. 'Young blood tastes so much sweeter.'

Again, he tried to push the voice out of his head.

"Excuse me," a voice said from behind him. He turned to find a woman standing behind him. She was an adult in her mid twenties, and wearing a camp t-shirt. Casmiere suspected she was probably a councilor. "What are you doing here?" she asked quietly, as not to disturb the four sleeping children.

"I'm sorry," Casmiere replied, quietly. "I think I'm lost."

Her suspicious stare faded to a bright smile. "You're new here, then?"

Casmiere nodded.

"What are you doing up this late to be able to get lost?" she demanded.

"I went to use the bathroom, but the camp's too dark at night, and I got lost, so I decided to go back to my bunk house, but got lost again."

"Okay, that's not a problem," she assured him. "Do you remember what cabin you were assigned?"

Casmiere forced a blush. "Um, no, not really," he answered softly, making it seam like he was embarrassed. "I don't have very good memory."

'Look at her,' the voice spoke as she did, drowning at her voice, and not allowing him to pay attention to what she was saying. 'So young and beautiful. And she's not very muscular. She'd be an easy target.

'Shut up,' Casmiere growled in his mind.

"Sound good?" the woman asked.

"Uh, yeah, I guess so," Casmiere agreed, despite the fact that he had no idea what she said.

"Great, follow me, then," she instructed with a smile, and turned to exit the cabin.

'Come on, Casmiere,' the voice said as he followed her from the cabin to wherever it was she was leading him. 'How about this, then; if you don't want to kill her, why don't you let me out, that way you won't be responsible?' he suggested.

"Shut the fuck up," he growled quietly.

"What was that?" the woman asked, turning to face him.

"Nothing, never mind," Casmiere responded.

'If you're not going to kill her, at least fuck her,' the voice prompted.

"Here we are," the woman observed as she walked up the front porch of a larger building towards the center of the camp. She led him inside, and to a filing cabinet on the far wall. She slid open the drawer and began shuffling through the files. "So, what was your name?" she asked, without making eye contact.

Casmiere didn't respond. He wasn't sure if he could control his actions any longer.

After too long of a silence, the woman turned to him, and nearly jumped when she realized how close he was to her. "Could you give me some place, please?" she asked, kindly, though he could tell by the look on her face that she was intimidated by the harsh way he bore his eyes down on her. "You're making me really uncomfortable," she tried again, her voice slightly weaker.