Curse-Breakers

It was a cloudy Saturday afternoon. The Three Broomsticks are crowded as always. Madam Rosmerta can be seen busy serving Butterbeers now and then, and occasionally telling Charlie Weasley to not chase off her customers with his never-ending stories about dragons.

The warm and cheerful environment radiating around the inn had Hogwarts staffs and students filling in the pub since chilly October arrived. -Or mostly just wants to get their mind off the sleep-walking curse. Despite constant giggles and laughters erupting around her, Keira Holstein still finds herself glooming over what happened last night.

"Are you alright, Keira? You look like you've seen a Dementor.." Rowan asked this morning as soon as Susanna Baker and Clementine Jones walk out the door for their quidditch practice.

Keira doesn't have any reason to not tell her best friend. So, she told her everything. Rowan suggested Keira to tell Dumbledore about this matter. However, Keira disagree. The possibility of the Hogwarts' headmaster to forbid her from investigating the Cursed Vault are high.

No, not yet. Keira can't tell anyone about the attack. Until she have proof regarding her attacker, she have to act like everything is normal.

She won't let anyone stop her from finding her brother..

Aside from being attacked by a stranger, Keira thought about the hint delivered by Talbott Winger. If what she interpreted was true, the only way to sneak into The Forbidden Forest is by flying. Figures that it would be much safer if she didn't ask Professor Kettleburn as Rakepick ordered, Keira thought. This way, Rakepick wouldn't know what's her next move.

But Talbott was right. If Keira manage to sneak into The Forbidden Forest by flying with her animagus form, there's still no guarantee that she'll survive in the forest full of dangerous creatures.

"I'll just keep flying until I found the Cursed Vault, I guess." Keira thought.

She took a sips of her cold butterbeer. Somehow, it's tasteless to her. She is still thinking of the way of breaking the sleep-walking curse. Rowan had studied about different types of poisonous bites as requested and effects of Arcromantula bites seems eerily similar to the condition of the sleep-walking victim that Madam Pomfrey showed Keira on the day she visited Tulip Karasu at the Hospital Wings. Since then, she doesn't know the remaining fate of the victim after she has alerted the Hogwarts' matron about the possibility of the student being bitten by Acromantula.

Madam Pomfrey rewarded both Keira and Rowan 10 house points each for their dedication to help save the student. Keira is more determined to find the Cursed Vault as soon as possible than ever. But at the same time, she was haunted by the memories of her brother. Much like the other day where she reminiscing about Jacob Holstein teaching her spells. Keira can't help but remain suspicious of her brother's action.

Keira still do not trust the renown Curse Breaker, Patricia Rakepick. There is something off putting about the woman but Keira can't quite put a finger on it. However, Rakepick's action does make sense when it comes to investigating the curse. -A statement Keira can't help but agree. But when Rakepick decided to have her as her assistant, Keira declined the offer. She would very much help Rakepick in breaking the curse but it seems like everything about the curse is more or less about finding Jacob Holstein too. And Keira doesn't want anyone to interfere.

Miss Holstein,

I believe that you won't be having any trouble finding your way to the Training Grounds on this Saturday afternoon. Meet me there.

Patricia Rakepick

The words were written beautifully in calligraphy with black ink and Keira had read the note numerous times. In fact, she's reading it again at this moment.