[Chapter 1]

*Reprise from ep 22*

"Come to think of it, ever since the beginning... Since before I met you.. I've been quite fond of you, Senku-chan, setting aside personal gains. I'm sure it's the same for all the other villagers. You might say it's cringy though" expressed Gen.

Senku looked at him and paused for a second. "Yeah, that's cringy" he chuckled.

"See?"

-----

After a while, everyone left to return to the village and the only ones left standing in the high, just built observatory, were the two partners in crime Senku and Gen.

They sat on the floor looking at the bright stars, one wondering what work they're going to do tomorrow, and the other wondering what's going to happen if his feeling were to be revealed right at that moment.

While happily staring at Senku, the words just slipped out of his mouth...
"Senku-chan..." he whispered.

"What's wrong?" Senku asked while turning around with an annoyed but still curious look on his face.

"This might also sound cringy to you... even more than before actually"

"Carry on..?"

"I think I'm actually in love with you"

Senku paused for a moment and all he could do was panic inside. He tried not to show it, but after recollecting his thoughts, he realised he felt flustered and swiftly turned his almost reddening face into a facade of disgust to keep his pride.

"..."

"Senku-chan..? Oh I see.. that surprised you, didn't it~"

"I'm not surprised.." Senku looked around the room pretending not to care at all.

"Just so you know, I can read straight through you.. They don't call me a mentalist for nothing~" Gen chuckled before grinning happily at the thought Senku might surprisingly like this development.

"They also call you a mentalist because you lie and manipulate people all the time" Senku crossed his arms, still avoiding eye contact and taking this lightly as he was certain he was being mocked.

He glanced at Gen and saw his disappointment, so decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. "Give me a reason as to why I should believe you" he almost hesitated.

Gen moved closer and smiled like the conman he is, his aura changing with him "Just believe me, will you~ Why would I lie about that after everything that happened.. Jeez Senku you might be the smartest man in the world but you still lack common sense~" he mocked him so happily he almost broke character.

To be continued...