Chapter Three

"They can't find the shooter," Ralph tells my Uncle Ronnie. 

"What do you mean they can't find the shooter?" He yells and slams his fist on the table. 

"We can't go to the cops, you know that!" Ralph says. 

"There isn't any more we can do right now, the gun is nowhere to be seen, everyone on the guestlist for the event was put in questioning," Charlotte says and hands the bullet in a bag to my uncle. 

"Why can't we go to the cops? My father was murdered," I say calmly and wrap my arms around myself. 

"Paisley, it's not something we can explain to you," Charlotte says and reaches to hug me. 

"No! Quit hiding everything from me, I'm not a little girl anymore. Tell me why the fuck my father was murdered, and why you evil people won't go to the cops! Why no one at that stupid event will go to the cops!" I yell, pulling away from Charlotte. 

Ralph shakes his head and my uncle sighs. 

"We can't hide it from her forever, she's at high risk, she needs to be aware of the circumstances," my uncle says. 

"Tell me," I demand. 

"Your father was the leader of the second most powerful Mafia. The Lions," My uncle says. 

I let out a laugh. 

"You're joking, right? My father could never do something like that," I say and shake my head, but deep down I believe it. 

"It's true, that's how he was so rich, it's how your mother died," Charlotte says.

"My mother is dead because of him!" I yell and feel my mind spin. 

"They're both dead because he couldn't get a real job! So he sells drugs and kills people, he got himself killed!" I yell and wipe the tear streaming down my cheek.

"Yes." My uncle says and I scoff. 

"I don't want to be any part of this, I don't want to be an accomplice to my own father's murder. I'm leaving, tonight, I have plenty of money to survive." I say and run my hands through my hair stressful. 

"You can't just leave," My uncle says. 

"Watch me," I say and storm out of the kitchen. 

-

I closed the door to my bedroom and immediately broke down. My knees hit the ground as my hands came over my mouth as I let out a sob. My father was a murderer, a criminal, my mother died because of him. They're both gone, who knows how much time I have left if I stay. I've been living with criminals. 

I grabbed a suitcase from my closet and frantically through random clothes inside it. I can't do this, I have to get out of here. 

I zipped the suitcase shut and started the new chapter of my life. 

A/N- dis one is low-key short sowwy.