Chapter Four

I took a sip of wine as I stared at the TV in front of me. I groaned as loud music poured into my room from the bottom of the club I was staying at. I had to hand over a fortune just to stay here for a few days. I'd gone to the store and gotten a few items. The man who owned the club, Mark, had been a friend of my fathers, therefore he let me stay here. He was sleeping on the couch while I slept in his room. He was maybe in his late 30's early 40's. I hadn't bothered to ask. He owned a strip club called Hannah's.

I left the bed and wandered out to the living room. Mark was sitting on the couch reading a book.

"Is the club open all night?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yep, most of our sales come from the late-night, it's when married men can sneak away from their wives easiest." He says and takes a sip of a drink from a black mug.

"I'm going to go down and get a drink," I say and slip on my shoes.

"Alright," he says. I nod and open the door heading down the stairs. The music gets louder as I get closer to the floor.

The bright lights flash across the room, the stage has girls dancing on poles, men and some women sitting around watching. I push through the group of dancing people toward the bar.

"Can I just get a malibu sunset, please?" I yell over the music to the bartender.

He nods and starts making the drink. I look around the club and my eyes land on a familiar pair, that guy from my father's charity ball.

Cory, that was his name. He sees me and quickly walks away.

I wonder why he's here.

"Here's your drink," the bartender says. I take the drink and reach into my pocket to pull out the money.

"Let me get it," A man says and I turn to look at him.

Green eyes.

"You were at my father's charity ball, weren't you?" I ask him as I sip my drink.

"I was, yes," he says and leans against the bar.

"You were the guy who pulled me off his dead body," I say and look up at him. He stood at least a foot taller than me, he was built nicely, he had shaggy black hair and of course green eyes.

"Yes, that was me," He says.

I take a sip.

"Hmm, he did it to himself," I say and finish off my drink.

"Sure... Can I buy you another drink?" He asks. I nod, placing my cup down on the table.

"Watermelon Vodka," I tell the bartender and he nods.

"Thanks," I say to green eyes.

"I never got your name," he says.

"I never got yours," I reply and take a sip of the drink.

"Kingston," he says.

"Kingston," I say back and finish the drink.

"And yours?" He asks, ordering me another drink.

"Paisley," I say and sip the random drink he ordered me.

"What are you doing here, at a strip club?" I ask and he smirks. My stomach flutters.

"It's more than a strip club, there's a VIP room behind the stage, my... friends and I do business trades back there. The strippers don't go back there. It's just a normal club." He replies.

"Hmm, what kind of business?" I ask and finish my drink.

"I work in the same line as your father, it's a private thing, can't go and tell little girls now can I?" He asks and smirks. I scoff.

"I'm not a little girl," I say and cross my arms over my chest.

"I'm 18," I tell him and he shakes his head.

"I'm 32, I think you're a child compared to me," He says and takes a step closer to me. My breathing alters.

"I'm not a child," I say and take a step closer to him, maybe it's the alcohol or maybe he's put me under a spell.

"A child wouldn't do this," I say and trace my finger across his chest, slowly going down his abdomen.

He smirks and grabs my hand, bring it up to his shoulder.

"If I'm such a child, why'd you buy me three drinks? Hmm?" I ask and take a step back, pulling my hand off his shoulder.

"Touche," he says and puts a strand of hair behind my year.

"I- I better go," I say and he smirks.

"I've got you stuttering now do I?" He asks and I shake my head, taking a few steps back. \

"Bye, Kingston," I say.

"I'll see you again," he says and hands me my phone.

What, when did he get that.

"Bye now," he says and walks away.

I stare at my phone in my hand and let out a laugh.

Okay then .

A/N- I AM SO SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED IN LIKE A FEW WEEKS I'VE HAD SERIOUS WRITERS BLOCK I WILL TRY HARDER TO GET CHAPTERS OUT ON TUESDAYS AND SUNDAYS!!!!