Chapter Five

"Where are you planning on staying?" Charlotte says over the phone.

"I'm going to look at apartments today, Mark offered to let me stay longer, but in all honesty i'm tired of staying above a 24 hour strip club." I tell her as I gather my stuff and put it in my suitcase.

"You left home, to stay above a strip club?" She asks and lets out a airy laugh.

"Anywhere to get away from criminals," I reply coldly.

"Strip clubs aren't much better," she says.

"I've got to go, I'll talk to you later," I say and hang up.

I grab my purse and keys and head toward the door.

"I'm heading out, thank you for letting me stay here." I say to Mark and leave his room.

"Anytime, you're father was a good friend of mine. Let me know if you need a place to stay again,"

The music gets louder as I get closer down the stairs, the club wasn't as full as it usually is. Probably because it's the middle of a day during the week.

I decided to stop at the bar and get a coke before I left. I let my suitcase lay against the bar and order the drink.

"Here you go," he says and hands me the drink.

"Thanks," I say and take a sip.

"Hey! Someone stop him! Get his gun!" Is all I hear before the shots go off.

What the fuck ?

I drop the drink and turn to look around.

Multiple guys with guns just firing everywhere they can.

What is happening to my life?

I quickly get down and hide under the bar, my heart beating out of my chest. I wrap my arms around my legs and close my eyes. This can't be happening. I'm going to die just like everyone else in my family.

The gunshots stop and screams and crying are all I can hear besides the ringing in my ears.

"Are you okay?" I hear from somewhat close to me. I open my eyes and see Kingston standing in front of me.

I can't bring myself to open my mouth. Or even move.

"Come on, we have to get out of here, there are more of them coming." He days and grabs my arm pulling me out from under the bar.

A sharp pain goes through my side. I gasp and feel my legs give out. Kingston wraps his arms around me.

"Not so far Kingston, I won't let you get away so easily," A man says and the gunshot goes off.

I let out a scream as a excruciating pain goes through my side.

"Get him," Kingston yells to someone as I groan in pain.

Kingston looks down and curses, then picks me up and quickly heads to the door. I feel my head pound as my vision gets blurry.

"I'm taking her away from here, call in more men, they won't give up this easily." He says to someone and opens the club door.

A flash of sunlight hits me and that's all I remember.