Chapter 7

"oh pick up riley"

I put my phone down and dialed his number again.

Why would he call me? Is he threaten?

"your driving me nuts" I stop dialing his number because he's not picking up anyway

My plan suddenly changed, earlier i was about to visit my mom's office but then my mood doesn't cooperate anymore. So i choose to stay at dad's office and kill my time through my phone.

I keep on scrolling and wait for my parents to finish their job.

Two hours passed and my parents enter the office

"we're done, we can go home now." My mom said while getting her bag

"alright." I stood up and wait for them to arrange their stuffs.

"let's go"

We went to the elavator to go downstairs. When we entered the lobby, the staffs started to greet us again until we reach the parking and went in the car.

"did you roam around?" Dad asked while driving

"uh not really, I just went to cafeteria and eat my lunch" I said while looking at the window

"oh right, we're not still eating lunch honey"mom looked at dad

"Let's have some drive thru then, are you hungry eli?" dad looked at me in the rear view mirror

"no, i'm fine" I answered

"why did you go to the cafeteria when you can call someone there to bring you food in my office?" dad asked

I sighed, here it comes again.

"I can go by myself dad, and perhaps those who will bring my food has other things to do. I don't want anyone to be bothered in my presence." I explained

"there are certain workers for that work" he said

I licked my lips "its okay dad, its done anyway"

"we own that hospital, they really should be bother by your presence" he said

"honey.." mom stop him

"I'm just stating the fact, and she really need to used to it."

I sighed, yeah right what to expect? I really shouldn't be visiting the hospital now if the case is like earlier. I don't want anyone's attention that's why the one happened earlier is too much for me but not with my dad.

I just stayed silent and didn't uttered anything until we reach our house. I went straight to my room and take a bath.

Its already 4 pm and i don't have anything to do, so i decided to clean my vanity table beside my walk in closet.

I clean the vanity mirror first and put my stuffs in other place so i can clean the table also. I also put the trashes in the trash can. It took me an hour before i remove all the things there.

My eyes narrowed when i saw an unfamilliar small wood box. I don't remember buying or receiving a thing like this.

I seated in the chair and hold the box. It is a small wooden box and my name is engraved on the top.

'Elisse'

I opened the box and my jaw dropped.

I saw a gold beaded anklet. From a luxury jewelry store, it seems so expensive even though it is simple but screaming of elegance.

Its so precious! I put it in my ankle and stare at it for a while. Appreciating the beauty of the anklet.

"who would give me a jewerly like this?" I whispered and shook my head while smiling.