CHAPTER THREE

❨ 003 : ғɪɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴅᴏᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʀʟᴏᴄᴋ ❩

CAIUS WAS CURRENTLY BEING ATTACKED BY THE URGE OF JUST RIPPING HIS HEART OUT FROM HIS CHEST AND KILLING HIMSELF

Ever since Isabelle left Simon with him, Alec and Jace, the mundane hasn't stopped bombarding him with random questions that annoyed him completely. Alec was starting to get annoyed as well, whereas Jace just watched Caius in amusement at his annoyed look. Caius has been pretty chill since he came to the Institute and this was his first time seeing the werewolf lose his cool.

"What are you even doing here? Did you take Clary here? What if someone- like them- hurt Clary?" Simon asked and gestured to Alec and Jace.

Caius rolled his eyes and stood up after seeing a bottle of bourbon laying on a nightstand with an empty glass beside. He poured one for himself while Simon continued to ramble and sipped on his drink, the alcohol entering his system instantly calming him down.

"Alright, Lewis. Time to shut the fuck up." He stated, walking back to sit beside Alec.

Simon didn't stop freaking out, "Tell me why you're here with them, Caius!"

Caius sipped on his drink first before explaining shortly, "I fought demons at Pandemonium, got bitten by one, collapsed and woke up here in the Institute." He said as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

Simon looked shocked by his response and his eyes widened, "You fought demons!? How?"

"I'm a werewolf." He replied casually with a shrug. Simon freaked out even more as he stared at Caius with wide eyes, looking him up and down. "How are you a werewolf?" He asked confused.

Caius rolled his eyes and extended his hand, his nails turning into claws which caused Simon to look like he was about to pass out and have an anxiety attack. Caius ignored his constant panic and continued to sip on his drink calmly.

"Do you just casually tell anyone you're a werewolf?" Jace suddenly asked, causing Caius to send him a 'are-you-fucking-serious' look.

"Do you just tell anyone you're a Shadowhunter?" He fired back with a sarcastic smile, hoping his reply answered the question.

Jace pulsed his lips into a thin line, "Fair enough." Which caused Alec to smile at Caius in victory as they shared a high five, Jace rolling his eyes at them but he couldn't hide a smile that worked its way up his lips.

Obviously the pair has been developing some kind of friendship over the time they're together. It made Jace happy that Alec had someone by his side now, even when it was Caius who is a werewolf. He didn't mind having Caius around as he was pretty chill and kinda awesome, entertaining than any downworlder they had ever met. Not to mention, he saved Alec without hesitation. So Jace pretty much accepted him the moment he saved his parabatai.