Stalker Alert

Lovely character aesthetics done by abihaatif22.

***

Disgusted and utterly revolted, I stood up and proceeded to place my tray, now empty of contents, in the trash bin.

Then I headed to the open field and lay under one of the big oakwood trees, its leaves providing shade that prevented the sun's rays from touching my skin.

Pulling out my MP3 player, I listened quietly as the music began soothing me, but as though life couldn't get any more annoying, I felt a tap on my shoulder. Grudgingly, I pulled my earphones out, looking up irritatedly at the person.

"Sorry I noticed this fell out of your pocket and wanted to give it back to you," her timid voice spoke, dangling the key chain that carried my house key, dorm room key and the key to my black Audi.

"Thanks." Taking the keys from her I placed them back in my pockets. "So what's your name?" I asked, not wanting to seem rude.

"Jaycee." Her voice was squeaky and childlike, but it did go well with her features. She adjusted her round glasses that seemed to magnify her hazelnut eyes and her full lips kept twitching like she wanted to ask me something, but wasn't sure how.

"Can we be friends?" It came as a stuttered whisper, if not for the quiet environment, I'm sure I wouldn't have heard her. Her blush deepened at my confused state and her eyebrows creased in embarrassment.

"It's just that you seem really cool and I don't really have that much friends here." Her words came out rushed and barely comprehensible.

"Sure," I shrugged, casually making space for her under the tree. She smiled gratefully, plopping down beside me.

"Thanks Debbie." Her hands fiddled with the hem of her black skirt, her nervousness shown in that action. She wore a red t-shirt that was obviously too big for her, but she didn't seem to care about her tacky clothing style.

"How do you know my name?" I asked amusedly, crunching my brow in anticipation for her answer. This girl definitely intrigued me.

"Oh," she chuckled skittishly, scratching the back of her short, black bob that seemed to frame her round face perfectly. "I kinda hacked the school system to know more about you."

"And how did you do to that?" Impressed at her inquisitive skills, I sat up attentively, waiting for her explanation.

"Okay so about three years ago, I went to coding camp," she started, visibly relaxing as she spoke, adding hand gestures to carry me along. Every now and then I'd ask a question she was eager to answer, evident that she found passion in this topic.

My eyes lightly skimmed the area as she talked, until they landed on a shadowy figure standing by the rose bushes near the entrance of the school, beady eyes staring directly at me.