Dating Contract

I can't help but bite my nails as I pace back and forth in my bedroom. I've been up for the last hour since I read Ezekiel's message. I've already taken a bath and got dressed, but I realized I do not know how I will ask my parents' permission.

If I say, I'm going to Ezekiel's house, how would they feel? Isn't it a bit weird? Should I just sneak out? But how? I just can't do that, also I have no way out except the balcony where I could climb down using the tree, but I wouldn't risk it.

All of a sudden, someone knocked on my door so I came and opened it. It's mom.

"Sweetie! I didn't know you were up. I was about to wake you up ."

"I was up an hour ago, Mom." I admitted. "I just took a bath and got myself ready for the day."

"That's good, because someone's waiting for you downstairs since 9am today."

"Who?" I asked curious.

Mom smiled and said, "Ezekiel."

What?!

"But why? It's almost 11 o'clock. Why would he there?"

"He said you to have something imporant to talk about, but he didn't tell us why. I was planning to wake you up when he came over, but he said, he'll just wait for you to wake up. It was so kind of him." Mom smiled wider this time. What's with her today?

Also, Ezekiel? Being nice? Who is he?!

I decided to just go down. Let's just get this over with. As soon as I did, I saw him with dad watching TV in the living room. They are watching socceer together and it seems like they're having so much fun.

"Oh, princess! There you are." Dad said as he noticed me approaching.

"Good morning, Dad." I greeted and hugged him.

"Good Morning. Hey, Ezekiel here has been waiting for you for hours now."

"Oh, sorry about that, I think I slept a lot." I apologized. "Sorry to keep you waiting Ezekiel." I said to him.

"No, I actually had a great time." He smiled. "It was fun watching socceer with your, Dad." For some reason, he sound sincerely happy.

"Oh, it was nice hanging out with you. I didn't know you could play socceer. I want to watch you play soon." Dad said and patted him on the back.

I didn't know he could play socceer. 5quad always hang out in the field, but I never saw him play there.

"Uhmm, may I excuse your daughter, Sir? We'll have to discuss something important."

Oh no, here we go.

"Sure. Where do you want to talk?"

"Living room!" I said immediately without any hesitation.

"Oh, we could just talk at our house. We don't want to disturb you watching socceer, Sir."

"Oh, please stop calling me 'Sir'. Call me Tito, instead." Then dad laughed. He seems be fond of Ezekiel. I can tell. Is it because they both love socceer?

"That's sounds good to me." Mom said as she approached us. "Here, take these snacks with you." She handed us some cookies.

"Okay, then we'll go ahead, Sir. I mean Tito, Tita." Then Ezekiel smiled. Seriously, what did he eat today?! Is he trying to impress my parents or something?

Ezekiel started walking towards the door so I immediately followed him. I'm kinda nervous to be honest. I mean, he's been waiting for me for hours now. Doesn't that make him angry? Was he just pretending to be nice infront of my parents? I don't know, but I'm really nervous now.