Under the Rain

It's probably a couple minutes since I sat here in the shed, but the rain didn't even slow down. Also, play No tears left to cry because I absolutely have no tears left anymore. Plus, I'm cold and hungry. I just want to be home.

"WREEEEN?" All of a sudden, somebody called.

Oh God! Thank God!

I stood up and yelled back. "I'm here!"

"Where are you?" The voice yelled back, but I couldn't tell who is it. The rain's too loud.

"Shed! Under the lamppost!" I decided to just go out. I don't care if I get wet. I'm already wet anyway.

"Joshua?" I called when I realized who is it. He is holding an umbrella.

"Wren!" He ran up to me and pulled me for a hug. "Thank God, you're safe! I was about to go crazy."

I was so lost on what he just did that I couldn't think of anything else to say. I don't even know if I should hug him back, but I'm feeling so grateful that he found me.

"I thought something bad happened to you." He hugged me tighter.

"Joshua, I'm drenched. You're wet now." I pulled away, but he pulled me back in.

"I don't care. I'm just so happy I was the one who found you."

He sounded so sincere and I felt so touched by what he just said so I hugged him back.

"Thanks, Joshua."

I should be geeking right now that I'm hugging him under the rain, but somewhere inside me tells me this isn't right.

"Wow. Looks like, I was worrying for nothing." I heard someone say and realized Ezekiel was standing in the rain, looking at the two of us hugging each other. He had no umbrella with him so he's so drenched now.

I immediately pulled away. For some reason, I felt guilty hugging Joshua back.

"Ezekiel." I managed to say. I don't know if I should run to him or not so I just stood still.

"I thought we promised that we'll call each other if one of us finds her, Josh?" Ezekiel walked towards us.

"Sorry, Zeke. I just found her not too long ago. I was just about to call you."

"Well, clearly you were hugging my girlfriend." Ezekiel then pulled me to his side and held my hand.

Joshua looked at our clasped hands and smiled to Ezekiel. "I was just happy I found her. Don't worry, Zeke."

"Should I really not worry, Josh?" Ezekiel asked.

What's wrong with him? Should he just be thankful Joshua found me?

"Ezekiel, just drop it. Let's go back."

After what I said, he immediately turned to me. "What happened with you anyway? This is the second time you've caused me trouble today!"

I was taken back at what he just said.

Why is he blaming me right now? I didn't mean to get lost! For a moment, I thought he was concerned looking for me, but now, he's mad?

"Zeke, don't yell at her." Joshua said and placed his hand on Ezekiel's shoulders, but he shrugged it away.

"Please, go ahead Joshua. I have to talk to Wren. Tell the other guys she's safe. We're going home first."