o n e

it has been about 10 years since that incident. i really hated moving to this new so called family, they were very shitty. right now, i can't think about this. i need focus on the robot in front of me or else i wouldn't pass the entrance exam.

in the middle of the fight, a zero-pointer came and started attacking. no one dared to move as they were reminded before, the zero-pointer was suppose to be a trap. it was something that you're not meant to fight.

i was pretty far from the zero-pointer so i can count myself safe. when all of sudden, it crashed, destroyed by some green-haired boy. he's an odd one honestly but from what i can guess, there must be someone in danger over there.

after the practical exam, i went back home quietly, trying hard to not wake my foster parents. i climbed up to my window and slowly opened it. sadly, i fell down hard, and the door was opened. there stood both my "parents" with angry glares plastered on their face. i knew for sure that this is not going to end well.

"what the fuck are you doing, huh? trying to escape again? looking for the cops?" (a/m/n) started. i wouldn't dare to reply that question. i silently look down to the floor, hair covering my face.

(a/f/n) came forward, stretching out his belt. a malicious grin was evident on his face. he swiftly whipped his belt onto me, over and over again. i tried to stand still but i couldn't, my legs were giving up on me. as i fell to the ground, (a/m/n) grabbed my hair and pulled me up. with full force, she threw me back down. with that, the beating continued and if possible, it became harder.

"you bitch, answer me! what were you doing?!" (a/m/n) screamed at me.

"i joined the entrance exam for UA Academy. if i became a hero, i can provide a lot of money just for you," i managed to choked out.

"not a bad reason honestly. but still, you're getting the punishment you deserved. you can go ahead and fucking starve" she cackled while leaving my room.

a few days later, a letter arrived at my house. i hurriedly took it and opened it. it's really important considering that this letter determines whether i'll enter UA or not. as i opened the letter, a figure of All Might appeared and his loud voice boomed through the letter.

"young (y/n), you have been accepted to UA Academy. your passed your writing and practical exam. congratulations!"

even if i can't really show my emotions, i know that this is something to be proud of. i prepared all the things i might need for UA Academy. i'm ready, and i won't let anything stop me from getting my freedom and happiness.