Chapter 49

~Leon's POV~

I remember how we met like it was yesterday... Her parents moved into the house next door to mine so we became neighbors. Everyday they'd have her read these science books. Never exactly knew what they were about but she'd be forced to read so many of these fancy collage level books..

By the age of 5 she was building these mini robots that could do simple things like pick up a pencil. One night she was locked in her room with 4 more super thick books, (y/n) seemed so lonely so I carefully used the tree between our houses to climb over to her window.

I knocked a bit on the glass, which startled her. It honestly made me laugh a bit before she let me in. "Who are you?" She asked me. I never got this close to her before, now I was able to see her (e/c) eyes shining in the moonlight with her (h/c) hair that was long and tied up in a bow at the time.

My heart seemed to skip a beat and my cheeks got warm. "My name's Leon.. I'm your neighbor" I said to her. She looked at me like I was crazy. "Could you tell me your name?" I asked. "..it's (y/n) and mother says I shouldn't talk to boys.. they'll distract me from my studies.." she said very sadly.

"Studies?" I questioned. She just gestured at the books. "Mother and father want me to be successful when I grow up so I can make lots of money." She said and sat down with the book. I got to see the cover of the book. "Stem cell theory and how to use them"

Sitting next to her, I watch as she opens to a page numbered 157. "If I stay quiet can I stay?" I ask. She seems to think on it for a little while. "I.. don't see a problem with that. Sure!" She exclaimed and smiled at me. It was the first time I saw her smile, it's probably what made me fall in love with her, even after all these years my feelings haven't changed.

I snap out of my own thoughts, (y/n) and I are cuddling on the couch watching the movie but out of the corner of my eye I see her writing things down. "Heeeyyy..! No working during movie time!" I scold. She looks up at me. "I'm just trying to figure something out, it'll only take a few minutes." She says, I huff at her answer and pull her closer so she's on my chest and take the tiny notebook out of her hands.

"Wh- hey! Give that back!" She yells and tries to grab the tiny notebook. "I will AFTER movie time!" I say and hide it without damaging it. She sighs and lays back down. "Fine." She huffs at me and continues to watch the movie. I just chuckle in response and kiss her forehead. "I love you" I say to her. Without reacting she just replies with "I know you do."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/n: I've realized that Leo has turned into Leon. Idk when it started but I guess it just happened. Anyways, hope you've enjoyed this cutesy lovey dovey chapter!