t w o

Lauren's POV:

I opened the letter that I had just gotten, and enjoyed the feeling of the paper in my hands. I hadn’t gotten any assignments lately, seeing as there wasn’t much to do. So now, this felt amazing.

Lisa Michelle Cimorelli, Nashville, Tennessee.

Was all the letter said, and I closed my eyes, trying to see the scene.

Lisa was crying, leaving her now ex-girlfriend's apartment. She had just broken up with her, after seeing her sleeping with someone else. It hurt Lisa, she had gotten her heart broken so many times before and she was slowly but surely starting to give up on love...

I opened my eyes, and then got dressed accurately for what I had thought of. I was going to be in the streets, homeless. Lauren Smith’s was my name, brought up by a poor single mother who someday got married again, to a man who abused her. So i ran away, and this is where i ended up.

I closed my eyes again, and found myself in the stall of a public toilet bathroom. I exited the stall, looking into the mirror and washing my hands so I wouldn’t seem suspicious to the other women there. I felt Lisa coming closer, so I walked outside as quickly as I could, sitting down on the ground.

Lisa saw me, and being the good person she was, she came over to me, regardless of the fact that she had just gotten her heart broken.

“Hey, are you okay?” she said as I looked up at her, acting like I was scared. “Do you have a home? Are you lost?”

I told her that I ran away, and the streets were now my home, my voice shaking. I gained her pity, and soon, she invited me to her own home. “Come with me, you’ll live with me.”

My eyes went wide, I hadn’t expected her to be convinced so easily. “Really? I can’t thank you enough,” I said, confusion lacing my voice as I got up and hugged her. Now she was confused, and we walked to her house, which, as she had said, wasn’t far.

She was really nice, and so beautiful, I had never seen a human as gorgeous as her, not even a goddess, so I really couldn’t understand why someone would ever want to break up with her and break her heart.

“Hey, I never got your name,” she spoke up after a while of both of us just thinking in silence. I smiled.

“Lauren, my name’s Lauren.”

“I’m Lisa, nice to meet you,” she smiled back, and her smile was actually gorgeous. Soon, we arrived at her house, and once we had entered, we were greeted by her sister, Amy.

She asked who I was, and I introduced myself, we talked for a little bit with Lisa asking where her other sisters were, then she led me up to her room, taking my hand. I felt something, but shook it off because that couldn’t be. I couldn’t possibly like a human unless...nevermind, I just couldn’t, it had happened maybe twice and hadn’t happened for more than an entire century.

“So, this is mine and Dani’s room,” she smiled, and I had go suppress a smile of my own. She told me where to sleep and lent me some clothes of hers that I could change into after taking a shower.

“Lisa, I’ll got to bed now, okay?” she informed her, but it came out sounding like a question after walking back into the room when I was done with my shower.

She smiled. “Of course, you don’t have to tell me, just go. And by the way, you can call me Lise.”

“Okay then, and you can call me Lo or Lolo,” I smiled back, then laid down. She turned off the lights and I whispered “good night, Lise.”

“Good night, Lolo,” she replied before leaving the room. I’d say today went a lot better than I had anticipated, she had opened up a lot already, but I don’t think she did in a romantic way. Still, today was  a good day.

helo it's me hugelittlemixer :) can you already guess what Lauren's secret is?