A Change In Morals

Lutz strolled down the hallways and twisting paths that would lead to (Y/n)'s room. The entire situation in general still not fully caught up to what had just happened-Not just Oliver taking Luciano's place and Francesca getting shot even though that still made up a big part of it all. Just everything that has been happening since (Y/n) came into the picture. From weird meetings to her being the first human to escape Luciano's grasp....Now she is the second person to ever kill Luciano even if she was working with Francesca. Now that Luciano is gone, now what?

Luciano had guided Lutz through thick and thin. Even though they had a love/hate relationship, On the outside Lutz simply tolerated Luciano's presence but in reality he was more like a spirit guide which Lutz was forever in debt for even having in the first place-even if it meant doing things that he wouldn't consider moral like the once in a while execution or planning a completely immoral marriage if not....Let's say it didn't end well. Of course Lutz thought all of these things were wrong but they were for Luciano for Christ sakes! Lutz couldn't speak up nor did he even want to. No matter how hard Lutz would try to be any of the roles Luciano assigned him, it was never enough. Luciano was never satisfied by Lutz's work.

Imagine giving your all for someone you can't live without only to never satisfy them, never being good enough for them. This was Lutz's reality.

Eventually Lutz just assumed Luciano wasn't going to accept him either way so he stopped trying. He stopped putting in extra effort for a man who couldn't be satisfied-for the most part it worked. But now what?

When Luciano died it felt like something went missing, that sense of comfort and security that came from Luciano disappeared. Once again like always he was lost, Oliver on the other hand was different but not Luciano. Their love/hate relationship could arguably be abusive and Lutz would have to agree, but in the end of the day who else is there?

Lutz stopped walking. 'If Luciano was the one who forced me to do all these executions and now he is gone, why am I following Oliver's orders?' Now that Luciano is gone, was Lutz really on his way to kill a child, Has Luciano really brainwashed him that much that whenever he hears the words "Kill a child" from anyone he obediently follows like a dog? What has Luciano turned him into?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/n) opened the door to get herself a snack from the kitchen, only to see Lutz pacing and mumbling to himself in the hallways. 'Didn't know Lutz was a daydreamer?"

"Lutz, what are you doing outside my door?"

Lutz had a moment of shock and embarrassment when (y/n) opened the door hearing him ramble quietly about his darkest insecurities and otherwise personal matters. The shock quickly wore off. 'Okay Lutz, you can either lead her like a lamb to her grave or do the right thing. Luciano is gone, you are no longer under his influence.'

"Can I come in?"

"Why?!"

"SHHHHHH, Look this is bad okay?"

(Y/n) was slightly nervous yet curious to what Lutz had to say. "Come in....."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/n) let Lutz in as (Y/n) sat down on her bed ignorant of the situation going on a couple halls away.

"What is going on and why are you here?" (Y/n) questioned bluntly

"Well..."

"Well?!"

Lutz scrabbled for words to say, he breathed in. "We had a meeting about who killed Luciano and the blame was put on you and Francesca, Francesca was shot in the head and died and I am gonna go out on a limb and say she is getting baked into Oliver's cupcakes. Speaking of Oliver he is the leader now since Luciano is well...dead. Oh and he sent me to manipulate you somehow so he can burn you at the stake. My only question is whether you actually killed Luciano or not because I heavily doubt it.

(Y/n) gulped a bit, eyes wide, Francesca was gone?! Oliver was right, everything he touches dies. 'Being burned at the stake?! L-like a witch?! I'm not a witch?!' (Y/n) had been through this scenario seemingly thousands of times before but she can avoid a bullet, she can't avoid being burned alive. (Y/n) was shaking as she pointed a finger at Lutz.

"G-g-get away from me y-y-you MONSTER!" (Y/n) tried to make herself appear as threatening as possible, clearly failing.

Lutz tried to silence her so the others didn't find out. "I'm not going to kill you, but I cannot guarantee that if I don't Oliver won't either. What I do know is you need to get out of here."

Lutz tried to comfort (Y/n), she pulled her arm back and kept ground. "Yes I killed him but Francesca pressured me to, I thought it was my only escape, look where that led me. I can't escape out of here without Matt's help!"

"Then I'll negotiate with Matt, either way kid you are getting out here alive." Lutz smiled. It has been a long time since (Y/n) felt truly protected, ever since, you know, Lovino. The smile quickly faded from Lutz's face as he sat down out of exhaustion on the bed, he stared at the floor, eyes looking grey, full of despair.

"Lutz...Are you okay?"

Lutz sighed. "No, I kind of feel depressed in a way. A part of me feels sympathy for you and the other wants me to finish you up and even then... what would that solve. Luciano built up my life, he was my guardian angel and now...he is gone."

(Y/n) scooched right next to Lutz. "I had a father once, he wasn't killed but he died when I was a baby so I was sent to a foster home. I also had Mr. Kirkland as a father figure but I was sent to another home."

"M-Mr. K-Kirkland" Lutz stuttered out

"What?"

"Nothing." Lutz quickly changed the topic. "What drove you to follow along with Francesca's plans?"

"I had no choice, he was gonna kill me and now everyone wants to kill me and now Francesca is dead and now-Well...now I guess it's all crumbling apart, I made it THIS far, where do I go next?"

Lutz listened to (Y/n). "Why would Matt specifically be able to help you?"

"He says he can access different sides of the mirror and he has this machine to generate a specific side of the mirror where Lovino, Pearl, Mathew and Alfred would be alive . I know it is probably false but just even the thought of restarting, going home, reconnecting with my friends...Matt abandoned me though, he gave up on me because of Luciano and left me, left me here to die..."

Just like that Lutz was enraged, how, in the mists of when someone is in trouble, abandon them like they are nothing. (Y/n) at the time was going to get her head cut off by Luciano and he just abandoned her? The other sides of the mirror were not only true but basic knowledge to the 2ps yet it would make sense why (Y/n) would be ignorant to the sides of the mirror. Matt really keeps so many things secret at this point that it wouldn't surprise him if he did.

"He doesn't know what he's doing nor does he either know or care about the consequences. I'll see if I can convince him to help you."

(Y/n) was overjoyed, she hugged the living daylights out of Lutz. "You are amazing! God bless you, I can't wait to finally leave this castle alive!"

As Lutz made his way out he was satisfied, but not quite, He felt fulfilled that he can finally make up for his many years of slaughter by helping (Y/n)...But at the same time Matt was Matt, convincing him to even do laundry was a chore on its own. How was he supposed to convince him to take (Y/n) of all people to escape through some mirror machine he created?

"Even if he just lied to (Y/n) I will find some mirror back home for her, even if it's one where her friends aren't alive, You are getting out of this place (Y/n), I will make sure of it."