CHAPTER 11

(Piper's point of view)
I placed my bag on the bench neatly and proceded to pack all the contents of my locker into it. I pulled out my history text book out and put it into the bag. I had alot of stuff in my locker such as textbooks, containers, clothes and towels. I pulled out a familiar hoody. Finns hoody. I picked up my sticky note pad a scribbled a note to Finn on it, stuck it to the hoody and placed it in his locker.

I pulled down my geography project and placed that into my dance bag as well. I looked at my locker, pleased that it was empty. I locked it and held onto the key, needing to return it to Emily. I walked into studio A and walked over to my cubby. All sorts of stuff filled my cubby. Books, shoes, jackets, food, bottles, hair ties, scrunchies and even a stack of photos. I dragged it all out of the cube and into my bag. I looked around the studio happy that all my stuff was now packed into my bag. Henery and Amy were on a break so this was my only chance to leave the studio unnoticed. I walked into Emily's office and handed her my locker key.

She looked at me sadly and placed the key into a draw. She stood up and gave me a hug.

"I'm going to miss you Piper." she whispered into my shoulder.

We pulled away, "I'll miss you too Emily." I say with a sad smile. I walk out of the office and sling my bag over my shoulder. I look around the studio one last time. I really was going to miss it. The next step was my home, it just didn't feel like home anymore. That didn't stop it from hurting now that I was leaving. I had made so many great memories here. It just hurt to go.

I heard the sound of Henery and Amy coming through the oposite doors and I knew that it was time for me to go.  I walked out of the studio, giving it one last look before leaving it forever.

time skip to one week later

I knew that leaving the next step was risky but it was what was right for me. Even though I know that I did the right thing by leaving the next step and cuttin of my ties with both Finn and Amy, I still felt quite lonely and useless. What am I supposed to do with myself now. I had so much spare time on my hands. I decide to sit down on a park bench. I scroll through my instagram. Most of A troupe had blocked me after leaving. i was only really connecte to Henrey and Richelle now. Everyone else saw me as a backstabing traitor. I don't know what Amy and finn think about me, but I blokced them.

I was about to get up to get a frozen coke as I was thirsty but I see a girl in tears runnning past me. I do the only logical thing to do, run after her.

'Hey whats wrong?"

"Why would you care, you probably just want someone to make fun of!" the mysterious girl stuttered out, leaving large gaps between words.

"What, I don't want to make fun of you, I would never do something like that." I say, noticing that she wasn't giving me eye contact.

"Everyone         does" she said almsot as if she forgot what she was talkign baout but then remmebered it

"Well I won't, you can trust me."

"I'm                          Grace" she said, leaving a massive gap between the words.

"I'm Piper. Do you want to tell me whats wrong now."

She nodded and shook her head at the same time. " Meanies in         me class are       m-m-making fun of me mecos I can't            learn well," she said, letting more tears slide down her face.

I pulled out a tissue and wiped her eyes dry and rubbed her bakc with my hand. This small act made Grace continuously jerk her head to the left. I was really confused at the strange actions of Grace.

"Grace what school do you go to?"

"ummm I can't remember what it is called"

"Why don't you show me and then we can talk to those boys and the teachers, Grace."

"Yes pweeese."