19

Skyla POV
Mama called me waking me up telling me about KK, I really wasn't trynna hear that I had a bad hangover and today is Grandma Brenda's Wake.

I got up and took a shower doing my daily hygiene. When I was done I seen I had no missed calls or texts from Dre. That was weird. I just brushed it off going downstairs.

"Wassup Grandad did your daughter call you about your grandchild" "Yea she did glad Kasen was there to handle it boy I tell you about your granny Riley she a trip ain't she" "when it comes to school grandpops she'll choose that over anything well besides Pj and my dad them boys her life" "well your sister and you are my life" "I know"

I took some bacon off the stove and ate it. I looked at my phone again and still no texts or calls. I was starting to worry now because of the simple fact I know he's an early bird and should've called by now.

"Hey grandad do you know someone name Black" He looked up at me and paused. "Babygirl why are you asking me that" "We just seen him last night and Dre seemed kinda nervous I guess" "Well he shouldn't feel nervous but he's a nobody princess"

How he gone tell me he a nobody. Now I know it's more to it than I know. I went back upstairs to call Dre.

"Hey baby, you up" "Yea I'm up, at the trap right now, you good you need me" "I'm good ion need anything you just didn't give me a Goodmorning text or call" "my bad baby I haven't even went to sleep been grinding, but look I'll see you at the wake" and he just hung up on me, that was a first.

Shayla POV
I came back to work for a couple of hours and I was gonna leave early.

I had this couple coming today and they desperately needed help. I know I should be at home with everybody but Kasen has it handled right now and plus I know what's wrong with my family they're grieving and just need their space. Brenda was like a mother to me and I'm grieving her the best way I can and that's working.

"Hi I'm your therapist Shayla Riley" the husband extended his hand and the wife just stood there. "Sorry about her I'm Terry Smith and this is my wife Darcy Smith,she's the one who suggested a therapist but now wanna act foolish" "I didn't know you would get a female therapist" I took a deep breath and asked them to have a seat.

"Ok start by telling me how you guys met" "Well I was a dancer" I coughed and she looked at me "see uh uh Terry let's go this bitch judging" "I assure you ma'am I'm not judging or a bitch I just coughed that's all" and then I stared at her waiting on her reply.

"He was a big timer at the time and he came to my club, He paid for a 20 minute dance and couldn't get enough so he asked me to dance all night just for him, see if he was paying I was shaking" she said looking at him with her tongue out twerking in her chair. "Sound lovely and what about you Mr.Smith why couldn't you stop at just one dance"

"See Darcy here she was magical that night and I couldn't her enough of her" "so what went wrong between then and now" I asked "well see we got married had kids" "two sons to be exact and they are just like him" she busted in and said "and so before I was rudely interrupted, It went wrong just recently when I let our baby boy move in with his older brother I mean he's a senior in high school he asked and I let him but our oldest boy well he's in the drug game and rumor has it that our BabyBoy sales for him so now she questions all of my decisions when it comes to my I mean our kids"

"So y'all problem is not that you don't love each other it's just decisions making" "you right doc"

"well my husband and I are in the same boat I love him with all my heat and right now our problem is that he makes most of the decisions which he has been doing since we first met but now I want a voice in what goes on, that's all your wife wants is a voice she wants you to consider her opinion and 9x10 she will eventually agree with you"

"So you saying talk my shit but let her have some input" "yes sir" "okay then Mrs.Riley we will follow up with you on that and let you know how that goes" "Ok guys thank you see you in 2 weeks"

After they left I told my assistant that I was leaving and I headed home the Wake was in about 4 hours.

As I drove I thought about taking my own advice and letting Kasen make that decision to move Kasely out of her granny's school but it would be my choice where she goes you see putting my input into the decision.

The way that couple talked about each-other when they first met reminded me of Kasen and I and I know it was my step moms wake today but I always feel some type of way when I have sessions with couples.

When I got home my yard was full of cars. I can't believe he was having a meeting on today of all days. I blew my breath and went in the house.

The first person I see is Shaydon in my damn fridge. "Shaydon boy where you been I haven't seen you since last week" "heyyyyyy Twin I been around I heard about my niece how was you just gone let them take her away anyways that husband of yours good for some cause now my niece not going to jail and that son of your" "wassup wife" Kasen said interrupting "anyways sis catch you at the wake later"

Kasen came and kissed me. "What did my son do and why the hell you got all these damn people here on today knowing Brenda wake is today I swear your lil occupation can wait a day or two" "what you talking about" "Shaydon was telling me something about that son of mines so Kasen what did he do" "nothing you need to worry about what yo ass need to do is go upstairs and talk to your fucking kids I didn't make this family by myself so I shouldn't have to be here all the time solving problems being daddy of the year when I got a whole wife but let me guess your ass came from nothing and see what I'm doing as nothing so you think you better than me now but news flash wifey I put you in this position with my lil ass occupation" and he walked off. I never felt so disrespected in my life maybe I did do too much.

Kasen POV
Shayla had me fucked up, she always come home from work and looking down on me. I loved the fuck outta her but she always trynna lil boy me when it comes down to my job how she gone call my shit little.

I went back downstairs to my meeting, "so look Dre confirmed Black was back in town so it went be long before he pay one of the traps a visit so when he do I want y'all telling me right then and there." Everybody nodded I forwarded everybody a picture of Black.

"Dre you keep my daughter close cause once his smooth talking ass see some he like he don't stop until he get her" "Skyla on lock Kasen" I nodded and told everybody they was dismissed

Black is the cities dirtiest undercover cop. He try to punk the people in the game to give him a percentage or he was gone arrest us. You see Shawn have him 3 percent of all earnings but I wasn't giving him shit. I was gonna act like I was gone give him a deal but honestly I was gone kill his ass once and for all.

After a while Kasely and the girls came down going to the wake. Everybody left but me. Brenda wasn't my mama so I didn't have to be there. I really didn't know how to feel about Shayla right now. I decided to leave and no be there when she got home.

Comment and vote guys 😬😬😅💙❤️