90

Skyla POV
I woke up with dry tear stains in my eyes and still under Dre. I got up going to the bathroom to do my hygiene. I really wasn't feeling class today finals was next week and they should be easy plus I just have a lot on my mind.

After I was done I went back in the room and grabbed the letter and read it again.

Skyla,
If you're reading this that's means 1 or 2 things. One I'm dead or Two it's your 18th birthday and I worked up the balls to get this letter to you. So happy birthday babygirl and if I'm dead then I'm sorry.

My name is Giovanni. I met your mother (Shayla) when she was 15 years old. Her mother your grandmother did her so wrong when she was living with her. I didn't like it I grew to love yo mother she needed love and I was willing to give it to her. I hung around a lot getting to know her likes and dislikes. I know I was older and she was young but I didn't touch her without her consent.

One day I made love to her for the first and only time. That's when you was conceived. I begged her to have you because tbh I ain't have nothing just my mama and Shayla and I was going to take her out of that bad environment with her mama so I didn't see no harm in her having my baby.

Some happened though. All while I was with your mother that night my phone was being blew up I ignored it. When I finally answered the phone it was Dave telling me Kasen had went on a mission by himself and got shot. I got up and rushed to the hospital. I told your mama I was going to be back.

Back then Kasen,Dave and I was inseparable. Then was my boys. Shawn got mad at me because his top worker got shot and I was nowhere to be found. I then told him I had a girl and she needed me and shit that's why I couldn't be there for Kasen. Again Shawn didn't like that he didn't like me putting nobody before business, so he sent me outta state to run his outta state business and I never returned to Shayla.

I came back 3 years later to a whole shit load of trouble Shawn wanted me to do a job for him in town. I had to work with an enemy so Shawn can cross him but I had to go see Shayla first. I first went to the apartments Shayla lived in to see if she was there and she was surprisingly. She took off running though. She didn't have a baby with her so I just thought she never got pregnant.

I got back down with Kasen and he was telling me how Shawn slacked off a little bit with the putting yo girl before work shit because he saved his long lost daughter which was Shaydon twin and Dave little sister. Turns out he told me he was her fiancé and they had 2 kids together.

I was like dang Kasen so much happened in just 3 years. One day I was at the house visiting Kasen I met Pj and you, I knew Kasen wasn't Pj dad but it was possible he was yours he could've had you as soon as I left. Then when his fiancé walked down the stairs. I froze.

It was your mother. Kasen was confused on how we knew each other then she spoke "Kasen this is Gio" only your mother called me Gio. I had to leave and that's when shot started getting hectic.

Everything was cool for a while until they wedding day. They said that lil vows and shit but they said they had only known each other for 6 months. I got to thinking how when I met you you told me you was 3 years old. (Do the math like I did) I kept looking at you and back at your mama and then back at you. That's when I followed Shayla into the kitchen and told her "OUR daughter Skyla is beautiful" She didn't have to tell me you was mines because I already knew.

I wanted my family back but I knew Kasen wasn't going for that and your mother hated me for leaving her all alone. When I heard you calling Kasen daddy I lost it. I had already lost my girl and I wasn't finna lose my child too so I told Shayla and Kasen I wanted rights to you as my child you know to get to know you but they wasn't having it.

But Skyla, don't overreact. Don't even tell them you got this letter. I know I missed out on a lot of your life but if I am alive here is my moms address and you can get in touch with me there and if I'm dead then I'm sorry it's possible your father Kasen killed me all so I wouldn't have a relationship with you.

I love you Skyla even if I don't know you. You came from me, you came from two people loving each other. Please don't get mad at your mother. She was only trying to do what was best for you and I get it.

-Love Always
Giovanni (Your Dad)

I folded the letter back up and drove to the house finna wake both of them up and let them explain it.First they lied to me about who Giovanni was then they lied to me about how my biological father didn't want me and left me. How the hell could he have left me when he didn't even know about me.

When he did come back they didn't even tell him I was his child. As far as I'm concerned Shayla and Kasen are dirty and broke my heart with this one. I couldn't even make my own decisions. People have 2 dads all the time. I love Kasen so much. He was my father, my daddy, my hero he is my mother husband so of course I was gonna have a relationship with him.

Giovanni could've had some rights to me. I could've know a whole different side of my family and where I come from. Idc how early it was I was finna see why they do this to me. Why they do this to Giovanni.

Comment and vote guys 🖤🤎🖤✊🏾🖤🤎🤎🖤✊🏾✊🏾🤎🤎🖤✊🏾✊🏾✊🏾✊🏾🤎🖤🖤✊🏾✊🏾✊🏾🖤🖤✊🏾✊🏾🖤🤎🖤✊🏾✊🏾🖤🤎✊🏾✊🏾🖤🖤✊🏾✊🏾✊🏾🖤🖤✊🏾✊🏾🖤🖤✊🏾✊🏾🖤🖤✊🏾🤎✊🏾