2. Missing Ranger Report

Jun and the others landed safely at the Moon Base's entrance despite the hiccup with Leon. From far away, its white and metallic exterior might've blended in with the Moon's surface, but close up, it looked like a bulky hunk of bits and chunks that didn't belong. It had been updated many times in the past forty years and even the five that Jun had been enlisted, but few people would be able to tell.

"There you go." The eldest ranger set Leon down.

"Thanks Jun! Sorry about nearly launching us out of the Moon."

Jun waved it off. They've had worse incidents using the jets. As if to remind them of one, Roxie crashed into their side, but this time, she gave them a hug.

"Waaah, you're alive!"

"Of course, Rox." Jun patted the helmet of their adorable little friend.

Roxie extended her affection to Leon as well.

"You're alive too!" She abruptly broke away from the hug, pointing one finger upward. "Roxie Safety Tip: When flying partnered, don't use your jets unless you're the designated flyer!"

"I'll know not to do that again, that's for sure!" promised Leon, smiling sheepishly.

Further away, Jun could see the captain and his brother closer toward the entrance. The captain stared up at a camera, adjusting the communication signal on the side of his helmet.

Emil spun around toward the others. "He's talking to whoever's gonna let us in. You guys should prooobably start skedaddlin' on over here. You can even use your jets if you want; he's not looking!" He capped off the last statement with a mischievous wink.

Jun opted for the chillest form of transportation, gliding forward with sparse usage of their ankle jets. Roxie did a super bounce using hers. Mia simply walked forward, probably not wanting to get in trouble in case the captain looked over; Jun could respect that.

Leon tried to attempt what Roxie did but couldn't get into a landing position, softly crashing into Emil's shoulder with his own. The lieutenant was in the middle of steadying him when his brother finally turned around.

The captain gestured at the two of them, confused. He mouthed something that Jun guessed was 'What are you doing?'

Emil hooked an arm around Leon's shoulder, pulling the two close as if they were just palling around. Leon caught on and gave the captain two thumbs up. Even if the captain didn't, the camera workers must have been seeing all of this. Jun had to snicker, just as they probably were.

Before the captain could scrutinize the duo even further, the entrance behind him slowly parted its doors.

Captain Galhardo tuned his signal back to his crew. "As you can see, we've been granted permission to enter the Moon Base." He glanced at his brother. "You are all expected to act accordingly. Follow me."

The entrance shut behind them once the crew entered, sealing them off from the Moon's surface and starry sky. They now stood in a dimly lit room, but Jun knew it wouldn't be this way for long.

Jun turned to Leon, the only one who probably didn't know. "You might wanna close your--"

Bright lights flooded the room.

"Ah!" Light must've assaulted Leon's eyes.

"Aww darn it." Jun was mildly disappointed at their temporary blindness.

The captains seemed to be having a hard time too. Jun wondered if they had never been here before.

"Ow... Do they normally do that??" Emil answered their question by asking one of his own. "Why didn't they just turn the lights on before we entered?"