Note

Dear Readers,

There are many variations to a tale. These variations stem from, let's say, the need to be different, or tell a tale in a never been heard way. You can find these variations in tales like why the tortoise has a cracked shell. Variations for this tale goes from the journey of the animal kingdom to heaven for a meal to being cut down from the rope that led to dog's mother.
The story I'm about to tell you must have many variations, but it is important to know that I'm telling it like it happened. Every word you're about to read is a true documentation of an actual event. A possible lie.
When reading this story, keep an open mind. I've told this story countless of times and people are always quick to point out that village people don't send letters. Which I don't get because the very same people say village people are superstitious, and Nigerians could do better than blame their misfortune on spiritual powers. If they were so superstitious, Kenechukwu Nwodo wouldn't have received a letter. And what's more, misfortune wouldn't have followed him the Monday after.
I know in my heart that this story happened. You're about to read the proof of its occurrence.
However, it is important to note that this is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.
Like I said, true life story.

Sincerely,
Harielta James