twenty-nine

as morning came zhao yunlan was awakened by the sun. once he opened his eyes he felt shen wei's arms were wrapped around him and he still saw his bare chest. he runned his fingers through his lover's hair causing this to let shen wei wake up "are you awake already?" zhao yunlan asked as he stopped doing what he was doing. "yes.." shen wei replied. zhao yunlan smiled at him "do you have work today?" he asked "mhm." shen wei hummed as he nodded his head.

shen wei then sat up. he realizes he's still naked. "hey, can you get some clothes for me?" he asks zhao yunlan who still laying on the bed. "can't you walk?" zhao yunlan chuckled. shen wei gave him that 'i'm gonna kill you' kind of look. then, zhao yunlan sat up beside him "can't you just-" zhao yunlan was cut off by his realization "oh yeah, you're naked." zhao yunlan smirked. "ugh. i don't know why i agreed to marry you." shen wei rolled his eyes.

"hey, we're both naked here. why are you so shy?" zhao yunlan says "it's weird, alright?" shen wei replied as he was beginning to rage "as if i didn't see you naked last night.." zhao yunlan mumbled. "get in the shower first. i'll hand you some clothes once you're in the shower." he said. shen wei had no choice but to walk to the bathroom naked. shen wei stood up and zhao yunlan glanced at his well built body. shen wei then caught zhao yunlan staring at him "what are you staring at?" shen wei asked as he was already in front of the bathroom door "n-nothing. just get your ass in there." zhao yunlan said.

after that, zhao yunlan got some clothes for shen wei in his closet and got some for himself as well. once shen wei stepped out the bathroom zhao yunlan handed him his clothes "here you go." he smiled "thanks." shen wei replied. after they were both cleaned up, they took their breakfast. "i'll pick you up in the university later." zhao yunlan said between eating his meal. "we're going to have dinner at my dad's." he added.

shen wei slowly nodded in reply "okay. pick me up after work." he said. "i'll go ahead now." said shen wei as he stood up from his seat "okay, take care." zhao yunlan smiled as shen wei kissed his cheek "i will." he smiled back and exited the apartment. zhao yunlan sighed and decided to call his dad and tell me about the news.

"son, why do you have to call at this ungodly hour?" zhao xinci, his dad said. "dad, i'm going to visit you later. i have someone you should meet." zhao yunlan replied "oh who is it? is it your boyfriend?" his dad asked "something like that but i'll tell you later tonight." he replied "what do you mean 'something like that'?" zhao xinci asked "dad, he's my boyfriend but i'll tell you his details later on." zhao yunlan said. "okay okay, i'll see you then." he replied "yeah okay, bye." zhao yunlan said as he ended the call.

---

"tell me what i need to know about your family." shen wei said as zhao yunlan was driving "hm... i don't have a mother that's one thing." zhao yunlan said as he was driving. "huh? i saw your mother when we were still dating in secret." shen wei gave a confused look at zhao yunlan. "oh she passed away. i wasn't able to tell you that recently." zhao yunlan said and quickly glanced at shen wei.

shen wei was still puzzled "when did she die?" he asked "the week after we broke up, if i can recall." zhao yunlan said. shen wei sighed "i'm sorry.." shen wei replied "it's alright, shen wei." zhao yunlan said as he smiled "what else should i know?" he asked. "i think that's it." zhao yunlan replied. shortly after, they were already at the mansion.

once they got out the car, multiple memories came into shen wei's head. "brings back a lot of memories, huh?" zhao yunlan chuckled "yeah. a lot." shen wei replied. "let's get in now." he said and they both went inside the house. they were welcomed by zhao xinci as they both came in. "who is this, yunlan?" he asked "he's my fiancé." zhao yunlan casually said.

"i'm shen wei, pleased to meet you." shen wei said politely "you're his finacé?" his dad asked. shen wei nodded in reply "you're too beautiful to get married to this crack head." he laughed. shen wei gave a little chuckle in reply. "wow dad, thanks for the compliment." zhao yunlan said. "let's eat first." his dad said and lead them to the dining room.

while they were eating, they were just telling multiple stories from their childhood "so, when do you plan to marry?" zhao xinci asked "i want it a few weeks from now." zhao yunlan said "a few weeks from now? i think that's good enough." shen wei replied "i'll get some wedding ideas on pinterest or something." zhao yunlan said. "but we'll just have a simple wedding." he added. "like what?" his dad asked "maybe a night wedding by the garden. something like that." zhao yunlan replied.

shen wei kept silent as he continued to eat his meal "shen wei, how's my son to you?" zhao xinci asked as he looked at shen wei "oh, he's alright." shen wei smiled softly. "he's loving enough to be with." he added. "did my son hurt you?" he asked "no, sir." shen wei shook his head "then that's good." he smiled. it was nice that the two were getting a long.

after that, shen wei was leaded by zhao yunlan in his room. "wow, i never knew your room was this neat." shen wei said as he was mesmerized "go look into my stuff." zhao yunlan said as he closed the door. shen wei looked around and saw his desk with some books.

the books were thick as a bible. he opened them and one of his books still had a press flower. he recognized the flower and got it. "you still kept the flower i gave you?" shen wei asked as he faced zhao yunlan "yes. that was my only courage to continue law school." zhao yunlan replied. he got the book from shen wei's hand "what subject is that?" he asked "oh it's criminal law." zhao yunlan stated.

"give me one law then from that book." shen wei said as he placed the pressed flower inside the book. "are you testing me?" zhao yunlan smirked "okay. the anti-fencing law is the thievery or robbery of any object then you sell it." he explained "give me an example." shen wei replied. "let's say, i stole this desk then i sell it to you. it's already fencing." zhao yunlan said. "what? you're going to continue to test me?" he asked.

shen wei nodded "differentiate murder and homicide." he said "to make it simple, when someone is at your back and stabs you then you die that's murder. since it can't be avoided it's murder. if it can be avoided, it's homicide." zhao yunlan said "wow, you're smart." shen wei smiled. "anyways, i was thinking about the wedding." zhao yunlan said. "a simple wedding would be great." shen wei said.

zhao yunlan sat on his bed and shen wei sat down next to him "when do you plan the wedding?" shen wei asked "maybe threet to four weeks from now." replied zhao yunlan. shen wei slowly nodded then rested his head on his lover's shoulder "finally, i can spend the rest of my life with you." shen wei smiled.