A Spymaster's Tale - 1

Age: 8

I giggled silently to myself as I watched my mother and father Search our home for me, they'd already been looking for about an hour and a half, but were no where close to finding me. Pretty good for an 8 year-old, if I do say so myself.

I laughed happily and jumped on my father's back once he was close enough to me.
"Boom you're dead!!" I joked happily as he laughed, my mother laughing alongside us. "For the fifteenth time in a row might I add." I teased.

He just chuckled and ruffled my hair.
"Yeah yeah yeah, Tiny Spymaster." he teased, using my favourite nickname. I giggled happily.
"Someday I will be Spymaster!!" I challenged excitedly. "You'll see!"

My mother chuckled and picked me up off my father's back. "Yes you will Meira. But first, dinner."
My father laughed and got up. Following my mom and me to the dining room, where I could smell roasted Fulmar, a type of Winterian bird. I grinned, my favourite.

I squirmed out of my mom's arms and grinned crookedly. "Race you!" I yelled happily before taking off towards the dining room. My parents laughed and went after me.

As far as an aspiring Winter spy girl's life could get, mine was pretty good.

Author's note
Sorry for the short chapter, but I figured I'd be nice and give you guys a fluffy chapter to make up for the last one.

Also; the chapters are each based on a different OC. So each will have the name of the OC's story and which chapter of said story
Ex: the fourth chapter of this one (Meira's story) would be: A Spymaster's Tale - 4