chapter 9

Harry is wonderful.

Harry is wonderful and gorgeous and caring and perfect.

He was the first thing you saw when you woke up this morning. Adoration covered his face and his eyes shined. All the times you've slept next to him before, he was always in the shower or reading when you woke up.

But here he is, fonding over you while he traces his finger lightly over your features. The touch is what stirs you awake, actually. For about two minutes, you lay as still as possible and enjoy the feeling.

"Good morning, sweet baby," Harry mumbles when your eyes flutter open, "you look so pretty when you sleep."

Your cheeks burn a deep red as you nuzzle your face into Harry's palm, "been awake long?"

"Not too long," Harry lies, "went for a beach run and showered a few hours ago."

It's true, Harry did go for a run. He had a total of three hours of sleep last night. You were both insanely exhausted and went to bed at 9pm. Well, you did. Harry stared at the ceiling until 2am, dozed off until 5am, then went for a run, showered, and crawled right back into bed with you. The whole time he was thinking about you and your new relationship.

Harry makes you breakfast while you shower. Eggs cooked exactly the way you like, whole wheat toast, and sliced avocado on the side. You love every single bite, Harry stares are you for approval the whole time you eat.

You thank him and kiss his cheek, "hey, um, can I ask you something?"

Harry knew this was coming. He knew that sooner or later, it would be time to answer personal questions. It was pretty much the only thing that held your relationship at bay.

"What do you want to know?" The hesitation is clearly present in his voice. You know you need to play this safe, but there's a question burning deep down that's clawing it's way out.

"Why did you start doing this? Like, basically being a sugar daddy."

Harry clears his throat and shifts in his seat, "that would require me to tell you my whole life story. You really want to know everything?"

You nod, your stomach twisting in a thousand tiny knots. His tone makes it seem like his story is going to break your heart. You're scared, but you'll need to know sooner or later.

Harry grabs your hand on the table gently and continues, "well, um, my father left when I was a baby. My mother and sister were my lifeline, I was super close to both of them. They were the only people I ever truly loved." His voice starts to crack and he pauses to hold tears back, "my mother... passed away when I was about twelve. She was really sick. My sister wasn't old enough to take care of me and we didn't have any other family, so we got separated in the foster system. I was kind of a delinquent, got into a lot of fights. I think it was built up anger around my family situation."

You listen intently and scoot closer in an attempt to comfort him while he continues, "once I turned eighteen, I got out of the system and stayed on my friends' couches for a few months before I got an internship. I started off at a small, family-owned fashion brand. My designs got big and I was offered a job as a designer's assistant and built my way up from there. Once I built a name for myself, I started my own brand."

Pride fills your heart listening to Harry's achievements. "So you got rich, what happened to your love life and got you into BDSM?"

"I tried the whole love thing, I really did. I thought I felt it one time, but I was just naive. I had a mentor at the first big company I worked for. I was trying to make it big, so I did what I had to do. She taught me about fashion and how to fuck. It took me a couple years to realize she was manipulating me. Once I made a name for myself, I cut her out of my life and never looked back. I realized that she tapped into my kinks and showed me what turned me on."