Chapter 4

I took long, uneven breaths as I slowly walked toward the door. I regretted my decision, and wished I have never gotten in my bed in the first place, but I kept walking. Slowly, I turned the doorknob, and opened the door. No one was in the hallway, it was completely empty. Closing the door behind me, I headed down stairs to the lobby. I wanted to report this just in case if it happened again.

        With several look backs, I finally made it to the front desk. It was like a ghost town down there. Shouldn’t there have been at least one person on the night shift?

        “Hello?” I spoke softly, too terrified to speak any louder than that.

        The lights were on, but nobody answered. With much curiosity filling up inside me, I went behind the desk. At first I didn’t see it, but when I turned my head, there she was. The green-haired girl, who might have been in her early twenties, had her eyes wide open like she saw a ghost. Blood dripped from her neck like a light waterfall. Someone murdered her. She looked so innocent, why would someone do this. As soon as I was about to run back to my room, I felt a presence behind me. Oh God, I thought to myself, the man who did this is right behind me, and I’m next.