Chapter 11

I had to go back to Caleb’s house; I couldn’t leave Rose there. I had to take her with me, I wanted her body to be free with me. As soon as I got there, he was still on the chain. Lifting his head up he looked at me with anger. I just gave him a small wave and went inside the crappy house. There she was.  Her eyes were closed and the blood was dry. There were no even breaths, no movement and no heartbeat. It pained me to see her like this.

        Doing my best not to break anything, I gently picked her off the bed, and carried her to the truck. I tried my best not to look down at her. If I did I would cry, and if I cry then my tears would go onto her limp body; my sadness, my weakness.

        “What did you do with my Uncle?” He asked as he sat against the old tree.

        Instead of answering I gave him a fake smile and put Rose in the passenger’s seat. Even though she was gone I still put her seatbelt on for her. I didn’t want to accept it.

        We were on the road again, but this time we were heading toward freedom together. In the distance I could see the tall skyscrapers touch the sky.

        “Look Rose; we made it, we’re home.” I told her as I smiled and drove a little faster.

        I decided to stop at the hotel where I last saw Nolan and it was on shut down. There was yellow tape all over the building. Some of it was blown off because of the wind. I guess they closed it due to the murder incident. If this place is on shut down, then where the hell would Nolan be?

        My eyes widen and the truck sped up. I raced down the road heading toward the one place I hoped he wouldn’t be, but had a strange feeling that he would be.

        “I’ll be right back Rose. Don’t go anywhere.” I think I have gone crazy.

        Sneaking back inside the fences, I ran to the main door. Remembering where the spare keys were, I unlocked the door and headed inside. Once I stepped one foot inside, I wasn’t free anymore, I just emotionally felt the chains go all around me. I hated being here.

        “Nolan?” I called out into the empty house. “Nolan! I’m here! Where are you?”

        I ran to his room, living room, dinning room, kitchen, game room, everywhere in the house, but I couldn’t find him anywhere. Relief and worry filled up inside of me. If he weren’t here, then where else would he have gone? He would of gone to Montana without me. Would he?

        “Well, welcome home princess.” That familiar voice called out from behind me.

        “Where is Nolan?” I demanded.

        “Long time no see, with all the time you’ve been gone, one would of think that you would at least give your old man a hug.”

        “Dammit where is Nolan!”

        “He’s not here.”

        “Then where is he?”

        “Why should I tell you?” He asked as he took a sip of his alcoholic drink.

        I wanted to scream at him that I’m his daughter that’s why, but he isn’t my father, so that doesn’t make me his daughter. I looked back at him and notice he was looking at me up and down over and over again.

        “You look awful though, what the hell happened to you?”

        “Well, thanks to your help I was kidnapped and trapped inside of a basement for a really long time. Not even a siren went by.” I paused, but then I added more before I thought about it. “Don’t you even care for us anymore? You’re our father, what you’re supposed to do is watch us and take care of us, and freaking love us. If a siren went by that house, then I would of gave a small thought of how much you really did care about me, but no. Not even one siren. Not even a knock on the door. You just sat back and didn’t even give one small of thought into where the hell I was. So before you ask me what the hell happened to me, let me ask, what the hell happened to you? You used to be a great dad, but now you’re just a monster dressed up inside an ugly costume. You’re not my father, and you never will be.”

        He didn’t say anything at first. All he did was pierce into my eyes. Taking one big chug of his drink, he slammed it down onto the nearby table.

        “Nolan’s at the hospital.”