Chapter 38 - Red Meat

Y/N = Your Name

* 2nd person's P.O.V 

You were helping Yuma with the garden, You were carrying a huge pumpkin. You carefully placed the pumpkin into the wagon. You wiped your sweat from your forehead, you heard a voice said: " Hey stupid!." You turn around and saw Yuma. Yuma was cutting the vines from the pumpkin. He turns his head to you and said " You've got more." You saw three pumpkins right beside Yuma. You grunted ' Seriously?.' You went up to the pumpkins and picked one up. You carried the pumpkin to the wagon. You felt yourself losing strength, you accidentally dropped the pumpkin. The pumpkin landed on the ground and broke. Yuma noticed this and ran over to you " What the heck?!." He looks at the squished pumpkin and you said " I'm so sorry. It was an accident." Yuma looked mad, his hands were turning into a fist. Yuma mumbled, " You're sorry?." He looks at you and yelled, " Sorry doesn't fix this!!." Yuma grabs you by the arm and pulls you close. His fangs suddenly appeared, Yuma bites on your neck. You cried " Yuma! Stop." You felt your blood being drained away. You pushed him away and Yuma asks " What are you going?." You started running away, Yuma grabs you by the arm and yells " Don't away from me." He pushes you to the ground and grabs out a sickle. Yuma raises it over his head, you gasped. You begged, " Yuma please, it was just an accident." You cried " I'm so sorry. It'll never happen again." Yuma was shocked, he felt a scene playing in his head. 

* Flash Back

(3rd Person's P.O.V)

Yuma walks away and grabs his shovel. He slowly moves towards Baby Y/N. Baby Y/N tilted her head, " Maybe I should make a garden over your grave. That way, You'll see what happens to people like you" he raises it over his head. Baby Y/N was scared, She started crying. Yuma was about to attack Y/N but, her crying said something to him.

* End of FlashBack

Yuma felt tears coming to his eyes, you asked " Yuma? Are you okay?." Yuma grunted as he threw the sickle aside. He yelled, " Just get the heck out of here!!." You quickly got up and ran away. Yuma just fell to his knees, he wiped his tears. Yuma thought ' Get a hold of yourself Yuma! It's just a memory.' He looks at the sickle ' But, why did I stop?.' He sighed, Yuma got up and thought ' I should just get back to work.'  He grabs the sickle and walks away.

* Meanwhile

Reiji was dragging a lifeless deer, his clothes were covered in blood. " Here you go..." He walks up to his brothers and sighed. Reiji throws the deer in front of them. " Seriously? That's all you found?" Subaru said." This will be enough to fill us up" Reiji pushes his glasses up." If you're picky with your food then stave" he glares at Subaru. Subaru growled at him, Laito chuckled. " Why you!" Subaru turns his head to him." Would you guys shut up? I'm trying to take a nap" Shu was just resting by the tree. " I'm not eating livestock unless it's Y/N," Kanato said. " Well if no one wants to eat it then Oreo-Sama will" Ayato smirked. " I'll start by ripping its head" He got up from the ground. " Then, I'll devour its insides one by one" Ayato walks towards the deer. He moves his hand towards the deer. A hand grabs Ayato's wrist, Ayato looks up and sees Reiji. " You're gonna eat this creature by yourself?" Reiji asked. " That would be selfish" His eyes flashed with red. " Oh really? Does that include our beloved sister?" Ayato evilly chuckled." Unfortunately, Y/N-Chan has already been claimed by me. Since I was the first to taste her sweet blood," he said. " You're lying" Reiji growled. " Y/N would never choose you" He started squeezed Ayato's wrist. " Are you tense? you're squeezing my wrist" Ayato said. " Or perhaps, you're jealous of my relationship with Y/N," he asked. Reiji was mad, he punches Ayato in the face. The rest of the brothers gasped. Ayato falls to the ground, Reiji started kicking him. " Reiji stop! Father would be very mad at this" Shu yelled. Ayato gets up and grabs Reiji. They started beating each other. " Protect me Teddy" Kanato hides his face behind Teddy. " That's enough" Subaru gets up and said. Reiji turns his head to him and "We have to share the livestock" Subaru said. Reiji and Ayato were breathing heavily. They looked at each other for a second and looked away.