Shiloh McKenzie

Concrete walls surrounded Shiloh's jail cell. She leaned her head back onto the concrete wall behind her. She felt the coldness of the concrete on the back of her head.

The rough texture from the concrete touched the back of her head. Shiloh felt the hardness of the surface behind her short hair. She looked over her shoulder at the metal bars keeping her inside her jail cell.

Her eyes saw a guard walking past her jail cell. Shiloh saw the dark blue pants, which had cress in them from being ironed. She smiled at the sight of the guard in her dark blue uniform.

Looking down at the white jumpsuit on her body. Shiloh began to think back to her actions, which landed her into the facility. She remembered how she opened her mouth.

A screeching sound erupted out from her lips, shattering the row of windows before her eyes. She remembered how the smile felt across her face. She felt like she was screaming inside. Deep inside her, Shiloh felt herself slipping. She was losing herself inside the feeling of hatred for the prison of luxury around her. Her father had kept her in prison for most of her life. Shiloh felt like she could break free from his grip.

Shiloh let the screech from her lips, shatter the glass. She felt her hatred covering over her eyes. She knew her actions beyond that point had not been her own.

The darkness had consumed her. Shiloh thought back to when she was freed from the darkness. She opened her eyes. She stood in the middle of an office with a girl dressed in black standing before her.

A girl with a glowing body stood across the room from her. She smiled at Shiloh, like she was greeting her back into their world. Shiloh remembered how strange she felt. Her mind was still clouded by the darkness.

She remembered seeing another girl standing in the room. Shiloh felt her mind drifting away from the memory. She wondered if the three girls remembered her from that night. She guessed they would remember the girl who almost destroyed New York Island. Shiloh knew most of the world had not forgotten about her and what she had done. If only they when she wasn't in control of her actions.

The guard stopped in front of Shiloh's jail cell. "Look at you." The guard admired Shiloh from the other side of the jail cell. "The monster who destroyed the city within one night."

"Who?" Shiloh rose up from the mattress with a metal frame built into the concrete wall, which she called her bed. "Me?"

Holding a smile across her face, Shiloh thought about what the guard had said the other day. She knew the guard found her conversations with the prisoners to be amusing. Shiloh felt their conversations were educational, in the worst kind of way.

Shiloh stood on the other side of the metal bars from the guard. She heard the ignorance in the guard's voice. Shiloh knew she wanted to make her feel useless. She understood why Shiloh was a teenager who was convicted as an adult for a crime she wasn't responsible for. She had no idea who hijacked her body. But the judge who was handed her case, had no sympathy for a non-human who was capable of such destruction.

Her mind drifted to the courtroom.

Shiloh remembered how her father looked from over her shoulder. Her father wore his expensive Italian suit over his body. His head was held in shame.

The judge came walking into the room. Shiloh remembered how the room sounded, as everyone stood up on their feet. They waited to be dismissed by the judge, who made them wait till she sat behind her podium.

Her eyes met with Shiloh, who stood with her white jumpsuit on. She sat at the table with her attorney sitting beside her. Shiloh remembered how her mind changed, when the judge made her mind. She felt like screaming, as the last expectation of a moving on from the accident had vanished from her heart. She knew her father was never going to visit her in prison.