Chapter 4: The Picture

*One Week Later*

Connor’s POV:

Today is the day that the hospital is releasing Sophie. I’m home with Toby, Kyra, and Emie while Riley and my mom are at the hospital to check Sophie out. Nothing has changed in the past week. She has no memory of dating Riley at all. She knows that we aren’t together anymore because that’s what she was told. But she doesn’t remember us breaking up in the least.

Emie has been hesitant around Sophie. She doesn’t want to do or say the wrong thing; well at least that’s what she said. The thing is, Sophie still doesn’t know that Emie and I are dating. Emie and I agreed that we wouldn’t tell her right now because she doesn’t remember us breaking up and she is Emie’s best friend. It would be too much for Sophie to handle especially with the loss of her parents.

Then there is Riley, he hasn’t left Sophie’s side much at all. He tells her stories in attempt to help Sophie gain some memory but it hasn’t helped.  I haven’t spent much time with her because of Riley. It’s just a screwed up situation to be stuck in to say the least.

Emie, Toby, Kyra, and I were all watching TV in the living room while having side conversations at random times.

“So what is going to happen now?” Toby asked me.

“What do you mean?” I responded.

“With Soph…and you and Riley.” He questioned.

“What are we supposed to do? Well we need to try to keep things as normal as possible and maybe things will start coming back to her. I don’t really know what else to do.” I sighed.

“That’s kinda hard when she has no idea that you are dating Emie.” Kyra added.

“We can leave that part out for now. I don’t want her getting hurt or confused any more than she is.” Emie stated. I nodded in agreement.

“Cristy just texted me. She, Braiden, Rachel, and Thomas are on their way over now.” Kyra told everyone.

We planned to just hangout for the afternoon like we usually do. We were all going to just stay here and watch movies until dinner.

About 10 minutes later there was a knock on the door. Toby got up and let everyone in. Not long after that, my mom, Riley, and Sophie got here. I walked outside to see if I could help with anything. Sophie was really weak so Riley stood on one side and I was on the other making sure she was okay when she walked.  Once we got into the house Sophie was overwhelmed with hugs all around. Riley and I stood beside as she hugged everyone back. Emie stood up hesitantly and looked over at me then to Sophie. I nodded my head for her to go over to Sophie.

“Emie, come here!” Sophie said with a smile.

Sophie smiled while her arms were wrapped around Emie. That seemed to be the only thing that she was sure about at this point.