Chaotic Answer

I was about to sleep. As I was closing the windows and curtain in my room, I asked myself, "Why can't I sleep without the curtains and windows closed? Why can't I sleep without the door locked? Why can't I sleep without the lights off?"

I took the pen, and wrote my answer.

I can't sleep without the curtains and windows closed, door locked and lights off because I am vulnerable. I live in a world where I am safe, where I feel secured. I can't stay unguarded though, because the last time I did that, I lost a lot. I can't lose myself.

Darkness, silence and the feeling of emptiness in it, that's my sanctuary. That's where I am safe and secured. And that's where I can completely too my guard down.

They even say, that's where I'm good at. I'm good at closing out the world around me.

Living in a make out world of imagination and far from reality, that's where I am good at. That's where I felt peace. Peace from the outside world, peace away from my self destructive thoughts, peace from everyone and everything, that's what I need.

Because that's where I am good at. I am good at pretending. Pretending to be okay, pretending that nothing is wrong, pretending that everything will fall back into their own places, pretending to pretend, that's where I am good at. And also hoping that I will forget that I am only pretending.

So, if you'll ask me why I can't sleep without the curtains and windows closed, door locked and lights off, because in that place I can stop pretending. That's the ONLY place I can stop pretending and just be me.