Maleficent

The statement "Evil queens are the princesses who weren't saved." can never be wrong. Maleficent turned out to be one of those queens.

Most people thought that she was the villain, the dark force, the evil queen who cursed Aurora. But only a few knew that Maleficent didn't start as evil as everyone perceived.

She was once a happy, lovely and determined girl that is full of life. But she was not just any girl. She was a fairy, a fairy whose heart was shredded into bits.

That man made her heart flutter but eventually shattered it into pieces after taking away all the life in it. He is a man who made her feel like a real princess without any intention to make her his queen. He only used her for his own personal intentions.

Maleficent, being blinded by love, gave her trust and everything she has for the boy who promised to her beyond measure. She believed his words. She believed his intentions. Never knowing his real intentions are.

Eaten by his own greed, he used her to gain evrything he desired. He also impalled her up to the point when she cannot pick up herself anymore.

Maleficent gave her heart and soul until nothing was left. Regrets keep on coming to her. The betrayal flashes on her mind like a broken record. She punishes herself. She felt useless. She felt nothing at all. Up to the point that revenge is all that she ever thinks of. She wanted to hurt him as much as he hurt her.

Then, darkness succumb her soul. Maleficent didn't have a choice. She needed to be strong to be able to survive even if she was dying inside.

That's why she became the most famous villain who cursed Aurora. Her hatred made her strong. Her soul was now covered with so much hate and betrayal.

Some people thought that she remains evil. But then, she found love. True love. Not from a man but from someone who truly loves her. From Aurora.

Aurora showed her how to love and be loved in return. They cared for each other. The feeling of belongingness that she desires so much to have was fulfilled because of Aurora. She treated her like her own child. Aurora healed her.

Maleficent's shattered heart became whole again. Her dying soul became resurrected. Her madness became calmness. She became new again.

The destructive love she experienced made her strong. She was once broken but she became whole again. And she became the best version of herself because of that love.

May everyone realize that there will always be light in the dark. As Ernest Hemingway once said, "Everyone's broken. That's how the light comes in."

May we all be the light for someone who really needs it. Let us learn from Maleficent's experience not to lose hope. Let us all be the light for everyone. Share that light in times of darkness. Share that light to lighten up the world.