Chapter 5

Zoe's POV

I wake up to a loud thud.
"Fuck!" She yells.
I look up to see Marie holding her foot.
"What did you do?"
She looks up from her foot and puts her hand over her heart, "You scared me!"
"Haha, sorry. You're the one who woke me up."
"Touché," She agrees.
I get out of bed, grab her hand, and lead her toward the kitchen to get breakfast.
"What do you want for breakfast?" I ask her, motioning her to the large cupboard right in front of me.
"First of all, it's lunch, and second of all, I already ate," Marie clarifies.
"Oh. Uh. I knew that. In that case, I'm going to eat 'Fruity Pebbles'."
I take out the 'Fruity Pebbles' and pour myself a bowl. I sit down next to Marie while silence fills the air.
"Do you wanna talk about last night?" Marie questions.
"The thing is, I should be making a big deal about being raped and moving, but now, I think I'm ready. I'm ready to start a new life. College is ready for me, just as I'm ready for it."
Marie just stares at me. I really uncomfortable silence. I choose to just get up and get ready for the day.
"Zoe?"
"Yeah," I reply and turn around.
"You're strong, you know that? You are the strongest girl I've ever met."
I just smile and go to my room. Lately I've been wearing sweat pants and sweatshirts, nothing special. I'm leaving for college in 2 weeks, even though college starts in a month. I admit I'm scared. I'm terrified. I'm not so innocent, but I'm not a whore or anything.
Marie and I didn't do much for the day. We were basically on Snapchat and Twitter for who knows how long.
When it was around 5:00, my parents came home. Lately, they seemed to be fighting a lot. I was sick and tired of it. I couldn't wait till I lived in my dorm, with my new roommate, in New York.
"Wanna play a board game?" Marie questioned.
"Sure."
We argued for a bit until we concluded on playing Monopoly. Marie and I used to play it all the time as kids. We still loved the game though and would play it every once in a while.
'Knock. Knock.'
"Can you get that?" I asked Marie.
She didn't answer, she just got up and walked out of my room.
Marie came back in about 3 minutes. No one was with her though, until she sat down. Then walked in the one and only Justin. Marie did know that I hated him, right?
As I'm sitting on the floor, I get up and walk out of the room. I didn't understand why Justin couldn't just leave me alone.
"Zoe, wait!"
"What the fuck do you want?!" I bark at Justin.
"I need to talk you," he replies softly.
"What?"
"Come."
He takes my hand and walks us toward my backyard. In my backyard, I have a trampoline from when I was a kid; a treehouse for reading; and a jacuzzi for, what else, swim!
He lets go of my hand and I run for the trampoline. He sighs while climbing up the ladder and onto the trampoline with me.
"Okay. What?" I ask.
"Remember the day that I 'cheated' on you?"
"Clearly."
"Well, I was thinking about it after you left my house the other day. I really thought it was you, I swear. But Zoe, I think Caroline was the one that I had sex with that day," he kept focus into my eyes as his information peered through me.
Caroline? What does he mean Caroline had sex with him? CAROLINE KNEW I WAS DATING HIM! She wouldn't betray me, right?
"I know you're angry. You have every right to be. I was drunk. You know I was. Please, please don't say anything. I only told you because I felt like I needed to. I felt like that was the right thing to do," he finished.
"How do you expect me to react? You expect me not to talk to Caroline! Who the fuck does she think she is, going around and fucking my 'now' ex-boyfriend. I knew she was a whore but, I didn't think she would ever stoop that low. I can't believe I ever became apart of either of your lives."
I rush out of the trampoline and back into my room, locking it behind me. Marie is no longer here but, I need some time alone. I'm leaving for college soon, that will be the perfect place to get away from everything.
Wait, fuck, Caroline.