Chapter 27 Stefan

"What happens now?" Erika broke the silence but kept her eyes on the television. 

"I don't know." He hadn't thought about that. They were way past the point of turning back. He soothed her hair and thought about what to say next. Erika turned around to face him, straddling his lap. He held her arse while she played with his beard. He could get used to talking to her face to face like this. 

Her silver eyes searched his. He could swear there was a blue tint that wasn't there before. 

"You have to come back to class. We could pretend this never happened and move on with our lives." She whispered, her face dropping to show her worry. She was preparing for the worst. 

"Of course I'll come back. I miss teaching and need the job but I can't go on and forget this." He cradled her face in the palms of his hands so she had to look at him. "I can't pretend that I don't feel the way I do for you." The sunlight hit her eyes just right so they shone like opals. He couldn't help it, he was entranced by her, caught in her spell and there was no way he would ever be the same. He wanted her around every day and not just in his bed, but everywhere.

"What do you mean?" she asked, her eyes widening. He could feel her chest rise and fall quicker against his. 

"I really care for you. You amaze me with how incredibly gorgeous and smart you are. I want to be close to you in any way I can." He poured out to her. Tears pooled against her lashes but she smiled at him. 

"Me too..." She began, giving him a soft kiss. 

"We will have to be careful." He warned as he pulled back from her. He hated to say it but he had to. "If anyone finds out, there's no telling the amount of trouble we would get in. I could lose everything." He swallowed. 

"I know. I promise that I won't let that happen." He voice was solid, her face dead set. She meant it. 

"I trust you." He whispered, kissing her once again. The phrase was becoming a staple for their relationship. "That just leaves one question, my love."

She looked at him, confused. 

"Would you be my girl?" 

"Oh, yes!" her laughter bubbled around him. Erika pressed herself against him and kissed him passionately. Their fate was now sealed. 

They spent the rest of the day lounging around his apartment. They ordered take out from the cafe down the street and Stefan taught her how to play his favorite games. She was terrible at Modern Warfare but laughed the entire time. He was used to winning matches with his buddies but losing with her was more fun that he imagined. If they could only see him now, his mates wouldn't let him live it down. 

Erika made gnocchi for lunch while singing to Lana Del Rey. He pretended to play Fifa but was honestly listening to her. Her voice was soft but alluring, the tone mesmerizing. When the food was ready, he joined her at the island counter seating. 

"This is pretty good. Thanks E." He complimented, taking another bite. 

"Thank you. Manon has been trying to teach me." She slowly at her own. She looked tired, make up smeared under eyes and her hair hung limply behind her. He felt guilty he had yet to offer her a shower at the very least. 

"You're welcome to wash up here. I have some soaps in the shower you could use and possibly a smaller t-shirt if you'd like."

"Thank you but I'd feel better if I could wash my hair and wear sweatpants of my own." She teased. 

"Of course." He smiled at her but his heart fell at the thought of having to say goodbye. She must have felt the same because her eyes were pleading with his.

"Come with me?" She blurted up before correcting herself. "I mean, Manon won't be home till Tuesday so you could come over and stay the night. There are several guest rooms..." 

"If I'm coming home with you, I'm not sleeping on my own." He teased, leaning close enough to feel her breath quicken. Getting a reaction from her was becoming addicting. 

"It's settled then." She shot up and took her plate to the sink to wash. He followed her and helped before throwing a few of his things in a bag. Erika put her shorts back on but folded up her sweatshirt and leggings. 

"I'll follow you." He kissed the tip of her nose before she slipped out the door. He waited until he could hear her footsteps go down the stairs before he left just to be safe.