Chapter One // Flashbacks - Him

• Dedicated to Karleigh @chillyhugharry // twitter

It all started out when he was fourteen. Freshmen year of high school he had the biggest crush on the most popular girl in his grade, Cassidy Finn. They went out for two months until she left him because he “wasn’t hot enough”, and found another guy instead.

Sophomore year on Valentines Day, he’d tried to be romantic by placing a bouquet of roses in Sara Baker’s locker. He couldn’t find her locker so he left them on her desk in English class, with a romantic note. Being the asshole he was, Sam Crocker told the whole class it was Calum and Sara thought it would be an embarrassment to be seen with him.

Worst of all was the summer before his junior year in high school, when he was sixteen. He and Morgan Fetten had been obviously flirting the entire summer, and it was her twin brother’s famous end of summer beach party. He had come all prepared to properly ask her out, as it was clear that very few guys in Sydney still believed on going on proper dates, instead of fucking each other right away. Morgan said yes, and told him to meet her at her in an hour at her car. Deciding to come early, forty five minutes later he saw her screwing his ex-best friend in the trunk of her car.

Needless to say he’s had his heartbroken too many times. Fast forward to now, Calum is the “Fuck Boy” of the band. But there’s a reasoning behind each title, and his is just a bit more complicated.

hi guys! i'm starting a new calum fic called "heartbreakers" and i'm sorry if this sucks since i haven't written in over two years. my bestfriend karleigh helped give me the idea for this, so it's dedicated to her, and i hope it's not too unoriginal (i've just had this idea in my head for like a year)
also my twitter is @midnightmendes and i'm really active there

thank you for reading this if you do! 

-maggie