Help

~*~*~*Your POV*~*~*~

I open my eyes but quickly close them and hiss as a bright light shone into them. I shielded my eyes with my good arm and slowly fluttered my eyes open, now adjusting to the light. My other arm burned and was held down for some reason. I look towards my left to figure out why but screamed when I saw a blue mask.

"Hey! Calm down and stop moving or you'll make me mess up!" EJ shouted at me. I looked at him confused, still processing what he said, and relaxed a bit. He was holding a needle and thread, stitching up my arm carefully. He passed through the wounds with the thread a few more times then set it down to grab some cotton balls and a bottle of alcohol. "You really did a number on yourself, didn't you?" He asked, trying to make conversation. I turned away in shame and then winced as he rubbed some alcohol on my arm. "So, were you really going to do it? To kill yourself?" Tears threatened to spill from my eyes but I willed the back. Yes, I thought, I guess I was...

Silence filled the room before he sighed and began to speak again, "Don't worry, Jeff made me swear not to tell Jordan or Slender. But, may I ask you something that's personal and might be out of line for me? Here it comes. "Sure, I guess." I muttered. I braced myself and looked back at EJ, waiting for his question. He was looking down at my arm, wrapping it carefully in bandages.

"Why?" He quietly asked, "Why did you do this, all of this, to yourself?" When I didn't reply, he looked up at me and sighed. Quickly finishing up my arm, he coughed awkwardly and stood up. "Sorry, I shouldn't have asked. I'll take you back to your room, if you wa-" I cut him off, "Because... it let's me know I'm still here, in a way. Like, I'm still a living and breathing being." I mumble and my voice cracks a bit. I sit up to study my bandaged up arm and could see EJ slowly sit back down next to me from the corner of my eye. "It helps me cope with my pain, you know? It makes me forget my mental pain for a while and focuses it all into physical pain, something that can go away...." I trailed off. By this point, I let some tears slip out. I cracked a sad smile, "I guess you could call it a distraction if you wanted." EJ patted my back but said nothing. I was grateful he didn't because I was afraid of what he'd say if he did. He stood up and held out a hand for me to take. I cautiously take his hand, because he did forcefully take my kidney on our first encounter after all, and he pulls me up from the bed.

"C'mon, let's head to the kitchen. It's about 10 o'clock in the morning and I don't remember you ever eating since you've been here." Once he said that, my stomach growled loudly as if it was agreeing with him. I don't think I remember eating either. EJ chuckled and dragged me out of, what I was assuming, his room and into the hall. "And maybe after you finish eating, we could get Jane, Kitty, Jordan, or someone to lend you something to wear so you could bathe because to be brutally honest, you smell like shit." He said flatly. I softly laughed but then stopped. How long have I been here, anyways?

"EJ?" The said boy hummed in response to let me know he was listening. I took a breath and continued, "How long has it been since Jeff found me? In the woods, I mean." EJ stopped and looked at the ceiling as if it held the answer to my question. He started walking again and answered me, "Well, I think it's been... maybe three or four days? Because you got here when I was sick; then you passed out from when I took a kidney from you, sorry about that, by the way." He said apologetically. I waved it off as he continued, "So that makes it a day and then when you tried to escape but Zalgo somewhat stopped you, you blacked out for a couple of days from that; and then last night. So, yeah, today's your fourth day here." I stopped walking in surprise but EJ kept pulling me towards the dining area. I didn't think it would have been four days! How much school have I missed? Do people notice I'm gone? What about (F/N)? Is he/she worried about me?