The Deal

Welcome to the wild ride of, "The Bad Boy's Cupcake". Enjoy!

-Les<3

I open my eyes and smell fresh pancakes in the air. 

"Honey, you're going to be late for school!" A sweet female voice tells me. 

I get up from bed with a grin plastered on my face and a feeling it's going to be a great school year. 

Suddenly, an alarm starts to shriek- 

I gasp as I sit up in bed and slap my alarm clock, "It's official: This is going to be the crappiest year of my life." 

I quickly brush my brown balayage hair and stare into my light green eyes in the mirror, "I look like a happy little accident." 

Grabbing my book bag from the kitchen table, I step out of my lonely house and get ready to face Woodrow High School once more. 

I stand in front of the school, "Here we go..." I feel around in my pockets.. 

"Crap! My phone.."

-

"Tell me, Ms. Finley. Why are you late to your first class on the first day of junior year?" My homeroom teacher smiles passive aggressively. 

"I forgot my phone, sorry." I say, playing nervously with a bracelet my mom gave me before she...left. 

Ms. Simpson sighs, "Take a seat next to Mr. Fox." 

The class mutters and hides their laughter. 

'Surprisingly', it's funny for the straight A student to get paired with high school's most 'dangerous heartthrob', 

Gavin Hendrix Fox. 

I snap back to reality, "I'm sorry Ms. Simp but, hell to the no."

Gavin touches his heart, "I feel attacked." 

"Delilah, are you really going to say no to a faculty member?" Ms. Simpson says disgusted. 

I smile, "Yes, that's exactly right. I don't mean to make a bad impression but, I'm a straight A student. Now, if you excuse me, I'll be sitting way over there."

I put my bag down as the class stares at me, Gavin of course smirking. 

I stick my tongue out at him and he wrinkles his nose. 

"Now, class, your schedules heavily rely on..." 

I feel a note hit my arm,

Is the geek intimidated?

I give him the finger and mouth 'Go To Hell'. 

"Ms. Finley, that is enough. I will not tolerate such behavior in my classroom. Escort yourself to the office." 

I feel my cheeks burn as I stand up and gather my things. 

"What's with the act? You weren't shy a second ago when you wanted to release me to the demons of hell." Gavin's deep voice booms in the classroom. 

"I'm sure you'll gladly accompany her, Mr. Fox." Ms. Simpson shuts the door on both of us. 

We both walk in silence as our footsteps echo through the halls of Woodrow High. 

Gavin breaks the silence, "Can I hold your hand?" 

"Delilah and Gavin...what a sight to see." The principal raises an eyebrow.

He ushers us into his office. 

"Delilah, I'm very surprised that you're-" 

"Just because I'm smart doesn't mean I can't get into trouble." I cross my arms and mumble. 

"Mr. Del Roy, we got sent down for disrupting the class. I think it's important for you to know that...she started it." Gavin points at me. 

"This could result in detention but," Mr. Del Roy taps his chin, "I'll let you off with a deal."

Gavin and I unconsciously leaned forward. 

"I want to treat the Lunch Ladies today since it's the first day of school and all." 

My heart dropped. 

"You two can be on cafeteria duty after school." Mr. Del Roy smiles. 

I close my mouth, trying to hide my disappointment. 

Gavin whispers, "Is it too late to go back to detention?" 

What do you think will happen? 

Love you! 

-Les<3