Honey & Vanilla

Hope you're having a fantastic, electric, vibey day/night. I Love all of you and thank you for the support!!!!!

Enjoy :)

-Les<3

Delilah 

We crashed twenty seconds ago.

Gavin held my hurt arm that crashed into the wall, while I held his leg that protected me from an even worse landing. 

"I told you I wouldn't let go." Gavin drowsily said. 

"We have to get out of here," I drop his leg slowly and stand up, "Before they make us do unearthly chores." 

"Hospital work isn't chores, Cupcake-" 

I start reading from the list, "Refill ginger-ale cups to elderly patients? Change the TV channels for rooms 100-150? You can't walk on your leg and I can't hold plastic cups for ten minutes straight right now." 

Gavin sighs, "Fine. Help me please." 

I struggle to get him up and we sneak out of the hospital while he limps. 

Breathing heavily as we get into the car, I turn on the radio and a slow song comes on. 

With Love, Eugene by Sofia Mills fills the silence. 

The lukewarm September breeze hits my face as we drive on the long highway. 

"Cupcake." 

I open my eyes and we're on the side of the road, cars driving by, breathlessly.

"What are we doing?" 

Gavin closes his eyes, "Come on." 

He walks to the other side of the car and opens the door for me, leading me into the forest. 

We stand in the midst of dark green trees. 

"No one else can hear you here." He whispers to me. 

"Gavin Hendrix Fox are you going to murder me?" I chuckle. 

Gavin blushes, "No, I-I meant as in-" 

"I know." 

There's a moment of silence as we look into each other's eyes. 

I tear slides down my face as I recall the memories. 

"I never had my dad around. He has his own family. Somewhere in Georgia, maybe Colorado." 

Gavin steps closer. 

"My mom," My voice cracks, "We used to do everything together. Make forts every Friday night, play barbies till midnight. Whatever I wanted." 

Tears slide down vigorously, "When I was fourteen she started...leaving a lot. For work, she'd say."

Gavin strokes my cheek with his thumb as I speak, "She's had a new family for three years now. Comes home twice a year." 

I turn around, "I don't belong anywhere. I come home to nothing. Empty. I feel empty." 

"Delilah," His watery eyes sparkle, "I won't disappear." 

Gavin's fingertips touch my shoulder, pulling my hair back. 

I turn around, ugly crying like there's no tomorrow. 

He suddenly pulls me into his chest. 

I wrap my arms around his neck and bury my face into his shirt. 

His smell of honey and vanilla intoxicate me. 

Gavin wipes my tear and one of his away, "Let's go home, okay?" 

I snuffle and nod, "Home?" 

"Home."

I lay in Gavin's bed, rolled over, trying not to remember. 

I can't help but miss it. Miss her. 

Olive steps in, "Where's my best friend?" 

"Right here." A raspy voice comes out of my throat. 

She lays on the bed with me and gives me a heartwarming hug, "Gavin told me everything." 

"I'm so sorry I lied-" 

"Delilah...I would've, too," Her mouth twists, "You are so special to us. Look, you're making me cry!" 

We chuckle and sniffle, "I'm right here, okay?" 

I nod and she strokes my hair as I turn back around. 

"I'm right here." 

The bed shifts and I turn around. 

"Hi." Gavin's dark blue eyes meet mine in the darkness. 

"Hello." I try to smile. 

Gavin stares at me worriedly. 

I look down, "Hold me." 

He takes me into his arms and kisses my head, "It would be an honor, Cupcake." 

I look at him and whisper, "Close your eyes." 

Gavin does as I say.

My fingers run over his nose, his slightly freckled cheeks. 

Down to his chin, up to his lips. 

He's beautiful.

"Cupcake, what are you doing?" He whispers. 

"I'm drawing you." 

Gavin smiles and opens his eyes, "Can you draw me over and over until I fall asleep, Cupcake?" 

I shake my head. 

"Why not?" He pouts. 

"Why does everyone say you're bad?"

Gavin accommodates himself and directly faces me as we lay below his soft covers.

"My family is filled with bad people. My dad tried to own everything I had." 

I move closer as he strokes my cheek. 

"Including Woodrow High School. To show that I would always be under him. So I rebelled. From the moment I walked into those halls-"

"You were bad boy Gavin?" 

He chuckles, "I was and still am 'bad boy Gavin'. It also helped that people thought I was a greek god. Just adds more flavor to the aesthetic." 

I laugh, "I Love your aesthetic." 

"I Love yours more." Gavin looks at my smile. 

"What was middle school Gavin like?" 

"He flirted with any girl he saw. Including teachers. But, I don't think I'll be doing any of that anymore."

My eyes slowly close as his voice makes me drift off, "Why?" 

"Someone has gotten me intoxicated for the first time, Cupcake."

*

Okay, I cried writing this. Yes, I was listening to the beautiful song on replay <3 (You should, too!)

Thank you all and please Vote, Comment and Add To Library if you enjoyed :)

Love you dearly!

-Les <3