Elizabeth

It had been a month since Rhyne and Lexie's wedding and the heated kiss I shared with Dr. Jackson King.

I thought of that night often and wished I had been brave enough to approach him after he spent the rest of our time in Turks and Caicos avoiding me like I was the plague.

My mind switched to Lexie's Memorial Day party she was having today. I knew he'd be there but I'm sure he would ignore me like before. But I was excited anyway that summer was here since I had decided to take a much needed break before I started my 3rd year of med school.

I would be completing a paid summer internship with Dr. King but it was more of a personal assistant type position just to see the aspects of a medical center.

It made me nervous as hell that I would be starting soon. And working under Dr King but it was for my resume and I would just have to suck up any awkwardness.

I slipped a short navy summer dress over my yellow polka dot bikini and slipped into my tan Birks. With my bag over my shoulder I hopped into my white Range Rover and headed to Lexie's sprawling mansion home.

Lex had transformed Rhyne's bachelor pad into a home for them and their future family. I parked in the drive and didn't bother knocking as I made my way through the house to the pool. The caterers were bustling around the kitchen as I slipped past. I was early for the party and hoping it gave me a little time to sun bathe in peace.

I looked for Lex but didn't see her, thinking she must be relaxing in the pool house I headed over to put my bag away before the guests arrived.

I opened the door without knocking expecting to see Lex but instead I turned the corner and ran smack into a nearly naked hot doctor.

"Dr. King! Oh God I'm so sorry" I tried to avert my eyes but god dammit if they didn't zero in on his tight abs and the drops of water disappearing into the towel tied low around his waist. His hair was wet and slicked back out of his face.

His face looked amused at my embarrassment and unfortunately also painfully aware of my assessment of his body. I internally face palmed.

"Hello Elizabeth" fuck my name sounded good off his lips. "I didn't think anyone would be here this early so I didn't lock the door."

And as if on cue to burn me alive with embarrassment, the knock and voices of Alexis and Rhyne came from the doorway.

"Geezus Dad! Put on some clothes please! Wait Lizzie? What are you doing in here?" She side-eyed me. Fuck. I hadn't told her about my crush on her dad. I've been harboring it since I turned 18. It had been 4 very long years. Now that she was married to Rhyne it was on my list of things to do. The relentless reading I was going to endure.

"I just came in here to set my purse down. And accidentally ran into your dad... uh I mean Dr King. Sorry again Dr. King" I was less sorry and more heated with need.

"No problem. But now could I get dressed please?"

We all laughed it helped break the tension I was feeling and then the 3 of us left the pool house giving Dr. King some privacy to dress.

Outside I gave Lexie a big hug, with school I hadn't seen her as much as I wanted but with summer here I was ready to have a great time. I would only be at the surgical center a few hours a day with Friday's working remotely so I had plenty of time to enjoy my summer.

We made small talk for a few minutes and Dr. King joined us shortly after we had left the pool house.

He was dressed now in navy swim trunks that hit right above his knees, a loose white tee and flip flops. The image of his towel clad body was still the only thing I could see.

I made myself comfortable on a lounger and took off my summer dress while Lex and Rhy went off to check on the rest of the party prep.

Jackson unexpectedly came and sat down on the lounger next to mine. I didn't think he would be talking to me after basically ignoring me after the wedding.

"Elizabeth..." he cleared his throat, "could I talk to you?"

Oh man here we go...