Chapter 1

Schizophrenia is a severe brain disorder in which people interpret reality abnormally. Schizophrenia may result in some combination of hallucinations, delusions, and extremely disordered thinking, talking, and behavior.

Contrary to popular belief, schizophrenia isn't a split personality or multiple personality. The word "schizophrenia" does mean "split mind," but it refers to a disruption of the usual balance of emotions and thinking.

Schizophrenia is a chronic condition, requiring lifelong treatment.

***

"Maggie are you ready for your medicine" Bonnie, one of my nurses says.

"Yes" I say in my usual monotone voice.

"Ok here's your pill and your glass of water."

I can't even keep track of my medicine anymore I take so much. I take the pill out of it's plastic cup and look at the water.

"Did you poison the water?" I open my eyes wide.

"No see," she walks out in to the hallway and comes back with an empty cup. "I'll drink some too." She pours some of the water with the poison in it in her cup and drinks it. she shows me that her cup is empty. "I told you no poison." she says smile on her face.

"Ok" I take the pill and drink the water.

"Ok Maggie we have a surprise for you tomorrow so be good or well have to cancel"

"What sort of surprise? More paper because we need more paper for our drawings."

"Maggie, I keep telling you, your the only one in your room." she sighs. "but yes I can get you another sketch pad."

"You lie Jeremy's here and he says next I should draw him" I look over to Jeremy who's sitting on the floor next to my bed with wings ripping out of his shirt, his red hair in his red eyes, and looking at Bonnie.

"Who's Jeremy?"

"My new guardian angel" I point to him.

"Maggie your the only one here, and what happened to Lily."

"God said she did not meet my needs so she was banished to earth to rot among us by the way I need a new set of markers as well my blue has gone missing."

"Ok I'll see what I can do." Bonnie says walking out of my hospital room.

"What is this surprise she spoke of Jeremy?"

"I don't know but I don't like it I can feel it's not going to be good for us" Jeremy says.

"I can hear Lily again Jeremy"

"Shut her out she wanted you to not take your medicine and that would have been bad."

"Ok but you think the water was poisoned right I'm going to did aren't I Jeremy"

"No," he stand up and pushes the hair out of my face. "your safe here, Lily didn't think so but she was wrong." Jeremy sits a crossed from me on my bed. "but I'm here and I'm going to take care of you you know why?"

"Why Jeremy?"

"Because I love you"

"I love you too Jeremy but you look sad."

"I feel that your love for me is going to be forgotten"

"Don't worry I will always love you Jeremy" I try to spike my voice with emotion but it come out as me saying love as a shriek.

"Ok," he says with a smile "I may be an angel but your my angel"

He hold my hands and the room around us goes black. I love when it goes black but the world eventually comes back.