Chapter 5

I finish my sandwich for lunch and look at the clock. It's 2:38.

"Ugg how do you sit in a room all day and not get board?"Jeremy asks tossing the apple I got with my lunch in the air.

"I don't know what am I supposed to do, Jeremy?"

"Well," Jeremy runs and jumps on top of my bed and looks out the window, "come here."

I crawl over to the window.

"Pick a color"

"Pink"

"No like a primary color"

"Um red"

"Ok you count all the red cars I'll count all the blue cars at" Jeremy looks at the clock. "at 3:00 we'll stop and who ever has the most cars wins."

"Ok, Jeremy."

"One" I say

"On-two" Jeremy says

"Two. three."

***

"Time!" Jeremy calls, "how many?"

"55"

"56"

"No you were at 42 Jeremy"

" Ok, you caught me. You win"

"Do a get a prize for winning, Jeremy.'' I ask.

"The satcifaction of winning" 

"No, how about," I walk over to my desk and grab my drawing notebook "you finally let me draw you, Jeremy." 

"How about no"

"Too late I already started" I say flipping the pages in my book to my newist work.

Jeremy walks over to me and studies the page. Its a picture of him in black and white, just his face. His hair is the perfict length. Its all perfict except I can't do his eyes. I've tried so many times on different sheets of paper but I can't get his eyes right.

"Am I blind?'' Jeremy asks teasing me.

'No, just hold still, Jermey" I grab my black marker and stare into his eyes. I  move my marker with out loosing eye contact. I start the iris and work my way to the pupil. I grab my red marker and start to color in the line of the right eye. I look down and grab my black marker again to start the other eye.

I continue to draw again looking deeply in to Jermey's eyes. 

"Don't blink, Jeremy" I say as he blinks again.

I finish and look down at my paper. Its perfict. 

"That is the most handsom picture you've ever drawn"

I walk over to my wall behind my bed and use some of the tape on my desk to tape it to the wall. I don't know why but it stands out more than the rest of the pictures.

The door opens a crack and Bonnie peeks her head though.

"Maggie you have a visitor"