Chapter 7

Maggie's pov

I slowly walk over to the door and fix the bow in my hair.

Bonnie opens the door and I see a boy my age, black hair, green eyes, looking down at his phone. He's wearing a red shirt with a black jacket over it. His jeans are ripped and he's wearing black shoes.

"Maggie this is Calvin." Bonnie says stepping in to the room Calvin following her.

Bonnie pull a chair from the corner over to the side of my bed and walks back over to the door.

"Well you two have fun." She smiles and closes the door behind him.

Calvin looks away from his phone and at me. He sits down in the chair and continues tapping away at his phone.

I look at his phone screen. Green and white bubbles fill the screen.

"What are you doing" I ask.

He jumps in his seat and looks up at me. "That's not creepy" he says.

"What"

"Your voice is, like, monotone"

"Yes it's a symptom of schizophrenia"

"So you can't show emotion" he asks.

"I can smile, laugh, frowns, cry, and I'm working on being able to spike emotion in my voice but this pretty much it."

"That's so weird," he plays with his phone and points it towards me. I hear a beep. "say something."

"What am I supposed to say." I ask.

"I don't know say something that's supposed to be emotional. Say like your pet dog died."

"My pet dog died."

"Perfect." I heard another beep and he started playing with his phone again.

There's silence.

"So you never answered my question what are you doing."

"What does it look like I'm doing." Calvin looks at me.

"I don't know"

"I'm texting"

I look at him confused.

"Wait," he stands up, "you don't know what texting is. Do you have a phone?"

"No"

"How do you not have a phone"

"I don't need one. I have no one to call."

"Or text."

"Or text what ever texting is." I say.

"You write to people, like mail but it's faster and in your phone."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

Silence again.

"So who are you texting."

"My friend."

"What are you talking about."

"You."

"Me. Why?"

"I sent him the video of you"

"What video"

"The one where you were talking"

"Oh."

"Wait oh long have you been in here sense you don't know what testing is"

"I've been here sense I was 4."

"Oh ho-how did they..." he mumbles looking up from his phone.

"If you asking how they found I have schizophrenia don't bother I'm never telling that story again."

"You told it before? To who?"

"A guy. They put me in a news paper saying..." I start to cry.

"Oh god um its ok. Um don't cry it's ok."

"Sorry," I say. "I don't like talking about the past."

He nods his head and glances back at his phone.

Why is there so much silence. I get panicky. This is really awkward. Quick Maggie say something.

"Hey, um do you want to see my drawings" I say as I walk over to my wall. 

He looks away from his phone and at me. I peel off the drawing of Jeremy and sit back on my bed. 

Calvin curiosly looks up from his phone and stands up. He walks over to me and sits next to me on my bed.

"Wow," he says "thats really good." he takes the drawings from my hands. "Is this what you do all day." 

"Yeah theres not alot to do here" 

"Oh."

"Well im hoping your fun and do things with me if thats not too weird." I say.

"um, no, but hold this quick" he hands me back my my drawing, takes out his phone, and points it at me.

"Hold it up and smile."