♟SEVEN♟

FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH

FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH

𝔟𝔲𝔣𝔣𝔞𝔩𝔬 𝔰𝔭𝔯𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔣𝔦𝔢𝔩𝔡

"Jackie, I'm sorry, but we really don't want to hear about your sex life with Kelso!" I groan as I shuffle through the snow with the girls.

"Whatever. We're in love and we don't need your approval to be together!" she scoffs like a defiant child.

Donna shakes her head fondly as she opens the door to the Formans' basement. "Hey guys," she nods to the boys.

I take a seat on the armrest of the couch between Eric and Hyde. 

"Hi, sweetie." Jackie greets her boyfriend in a sickening tone.  "How are you?"

He sighs proudly. "Well, I am a  bit chilly, but I left my coat up in the car."

She gasps. "I'll go get it for you! Miss me."

I wrinkle my nose in disgust as she blows him a kiss and exits the room. What has gotten into her?

"Handy little thing isn't she?" Kelso sneers.

I glare at him. "That's no way to treat a woman! You should be ashamed of yourself!"

"But that was so cool!" Eric snickers.

Donna raises an eyebrow at him. "Cool?"

Trying to save himself, he adds, "And by cool, I mean 'wrong' and 'stupid'."

Hyde reaches over to the television set to turn the volume up. "Alright, shut up, wrestling is on!"

"Aw, man, I love wrestling!" Donna gushes. I inch away from her as she grabs Eric by the neck and tangles her and the boy up, effectively pushing his face into her chest. "Come on! You're not even fighting back!"

"Why would he fight back?" Hyde shrugs from beside me.

While she releases him, I stifle a laugh. "Ew."

I turn my attention to the screen. 

"Don't forget," the announcer reminds, "this Saturday night, pro wrestling is coming to the National Guard Armory in Kenosha, Wisconsin! Watch Rocky Johnson take on twenty snarling little people!"

I snort. I'm not one for wrestling. It doesn't interest me whatsoever. But I have to admit that watching someone fling around almost two dozen people at a professional tournament might be interesting.

Eric leans forward excitedly. "Rocky Johnson's coming to Kenosha? Oh man, we've got to go!"

"I'm in," Hyde chimes. "I love this stuff, man."

I give him a strange look as the group watches the tournament. I go back to reading my Cosmopolitan magazine. I don't find the gossip in them particularly enjoyable. I don't really care about how "Tough, Temperamental, and Tremendous" Barbra Streisand is, nor do I need to know about the "Women Who Dare to Become Men Through Surgery". If they want to be men, let them be men! It's not a big deal! "How Not to Be Tired All the Time". Finally, something useful.