♛FIFTY-THREE♛

MOVIN' OUT (ANTHONY'S SONG)

𝔟𝔦𝔩𝔩𝔶 𝔧𝔬𝔢𝔩

I peek through Donna's books in her room as she and Jackie gossip on the bed.

"He said 'this isn't going to work, Jackie,'" Jackie frets. "What if Michael secretly wants to break up? I need to get him to sleep again! What if his unconscious mind knows something his conscious mind doesn't!"

"Well, let's hope so," Donna sighs.

"Don't worry about it, Jackie," I shrug. "Maybe he doesn't want to break up but he knows that it's inevitable."

She gasps offendedly and shakes it off. "Well, at least he's not as boring as Eric."

"We're not talking about Eric. We're talking about Kelso," Donna deflects. "Untrustworthy, two-timing, sneaks-behind-your-back-and-reads-your-journal Kelso."

"Okay, Donna, I'm sensing we're not talking about me and Michael anymore, so... bye."

The redhead rolls her eyes as she stands and bolts outside.

I take her place and scoot closer to my friend. "Start talking."

She sighs. "Ana, I think Eric read my private journal."

"Oh, shit," I mumble. "Is this about the dream where you wished Eric was Steven Tyler?"

Her eyes widen. "How did you know about that?"

"I swear, Jackie told me! I didn't go snooping around in your journal."

She hesitates before nodding. "Okay, I believe you."

"So, is it about that?"

"Yeah..." she concedes reluctantly. "It's just that... sometimes I wonder if he's enough. I wonder if he's the right guy for me."

"Oh my god, you're giving me flashbacks to the thing with me and Fez."

She laughs. "What happened with you two?"

"Long story short, Fez took me out, I had fun, and I was insecure about me and Steven."

She faces me fully, placing a hand on mine. "Oh my god! You like Fez?"

I glare at her. "No! I don't like Fez! I mean I do as a friend, but... not like that."

"So what did you do?"

"I'll just tell you what Fez told me. He's never going to be able to give you everything, because only perfect people can do that, and he's obviously not perfect."

She shakes her head with a grin. "Yeah, he's not. I want to find that perfect person, though."

"There are no perfect people."