The Other Voice

Germany's POV

I was shaking while looking at 🅱️oland... his gaze... was... angry ... but why? Was he angry at me? I could have sworn that he wasn't on the bed, I know for a fact that he wasn't in the room. The bed isn't that big ether, soo missing his figure would be almost impossible... "🅱️-🅱️oland... a-are vu ok?" He suddenly flinched and smiled at me.

He started scooting over the bed towards me, I then felt a strong urge to run far away from him, but I kept my feet stuck on the floor boards. 🅱️oland sat on the edge of the bed and extended his strong muscular arms towards me. "Ukochany... can I have a hug from you?" I couldn't budge from my place. A part of me wanted to get closer to him and melt in his embracing warmth. But another part of me wanted to leave.

🅱️oland frowned and stood up. He walked over to me slowly, I couldn't help but have an overwhelming feeling of immense terror. His strong hands slithered around my waist as he carefully hugged me, pulling me closer towards him. "When I ask something from you Ukochany, I mean it as an order." He growled in my ear as his hug grew tighter. It was abnormally tighter than his usual hugs.

"🅱️-🅱️oland...I-I..." I felt his forehead press against mine. His eyes were closed, in concentration instead of relaxation. "Shhhhhh." He softly whispered as he pecked my nose. "Let's go to bed Ukochany... it's getting quite late." His tone of voice had drastically changed, it now had a slight purr at the end. He swiftly picked me up and carried me towards the bed.

🅱️oland's POV

I could feel him trembling as I carried him to the bed... but... why was he scared?

Can't you tell? It's obviously because of YOU.

What do you know? Your just a fucking annoying voice in my head.

Trust me, 🅱️oland. I know fear better than you will ever do.

Whatever.

I set Germany gently down on the soft bed and carefully laid down beside him. I rested my arm on my face, thinking about why my beloved ukochany would fear me... Was the reason because I suddenly reappear on the bed?was it because of the tone of my voice? Damn it, it was probably that.

I shouldn't have said that in that way...Damn it, I'm soo dumb...
"🅱️-🅱️oland...." I felt Germany carefully crawl on top of me, he usually does this when he seeks my attention.

So he isn't scared of me after all.

Give it time... he will fear you sooner or later.

Shut up.

Make me...

...

That's what I thought.

"A-are vu ok?" He asked stuttering a little... it seems he is still a bit scared. "Of course I am ukochany, why wouldn't I be?" I tried to sound as carefree as possible, I didn't want him to start vigorously shaking again... I don't want him to fear me. "Vu veren't here ven I voke up... right?" I slowly lowered my hand towards his head and started combing the soft set of black hair he possessed. "I was.... you just barely missed me..." I lied... I hated to do it to him, but it's for his own good.

No it isn't, your just a control freak and having your precious 'Ukochany' know what you really are scares you.

Who asked for your opinion?

No one.

Exactly, now zip it!

...Fine.

He took off his square glasses and looked at me, I know he can't see very far without those pesky glasses, but seeing his beautiful face without them was a breath taking sight. He looked very different with them on, they made him look like a father or a grandparent. Still, I loved every single thing about him.

I took the glasses away from his grasp and placed them on the nightstand. Germany then nuzzled his face on my chest like a kitten. He wants attention, cute... ukochany.. why are you like this? "🅱️oland..." he stopped nuzzling my chest and I felt him shaking a bit, if it wasn't me that scared him then, what happened while I was gone. "I had another nightmare...." I cupped his face in my hands, sat up and lifted his head towards mine. "You know I will always be here for you, I love you more than anything else." I kissed the tip of his nose and laid back down. Bringing him down with me.

His breathing was soft... just like before, his heartbeat was a bit faster than usual. I decided to continue combing his soft hair, that way he would calm down, doing this was nice, peaceful even. "Was it about your father?" I asked, his nightmares usually revolve around his father, work, USSR, going to school naked and falling down stairs. The last one was weird, I don't know where he got that one from. An uncomfortable silence then filled the room, this unsettled me... "N-nein...it vasn't about meh fazer... it vas about... vu..." I stopped combing his hair, I gritted my teeth, and balled my free hand into a fist.

I told you... you terrifying  to him.

That's a lie...

No it isn't, he even told you. You monster.

Shut up.

Make me

SHUT UP!!

...Never...

No ones POV

🅱️oland' eyes were wide as plates, his own nightmare was coming true. "W-What was the n-nightmare about U-Ukochany?..." he could barely contain the urge to scream, he didn't want the only country he truly loved to fear him. 🅱️oland felt a pain clench his chest, this was a horrible feeling.

"I-I dreamt, zat vu vere coffered in plood, vith a hatchet in hand... vu vere attacking me... vith a smile...it sgared me..." Germany buried his face into his lovers chest, relishing the comforting warmth 🅱️oland always emitted. He was deeply in love with 🅱️oland, so this sudden nightmare was very strange to the German.

"A-are you scared of me?..." 🅱️oland softly mumbled, as he continued to stroke Germany's hair uneasily. Immediately Germany shot his head up and looked at his beloved 🅱️oland. "VAT? Noooo, I vould neffer pe sgared ov vu!! I loffe you too much!!" Germany didn't want his beloved 🅱️oland to feel bad about his dream. It's just a dream they are only a series of thoughts, images an sensations that ocurres in your mind during sleep, they don't mean anything....right?