Chapter 6

Chapter 6:

[Bianca’s POV]

Tonight was the night. I was so nervous as I shimmed into my dress and put on my makeup. Zac had told me he’d wait till Leigh came and picked me up, so I wasn’t alone. But secretly I reckon Brandon asked him to check him out, make sure he wasn’t some drug dealer. I strutted in front of the mirror then braved the lounge room where Zac was waiting, sitting on the couch. When I walked out I watched as his eyes lit up. “You look… Beautiful…” I felt my cheeks go red and I smiled. “Really?” He nodded and just stared at me. I secretly wished he was the one taking me to prom but that would never ever happen.

It was almost 7:30… I went and sat out on the veranda, and Zac silently followed me, hands in pockets. “So, do you like this guy?” I found the question rather weird. “Uhh, he is alright…” I stuttered. Zac looked out to the road and we sat in silence. “I can’t wait to get there…” I burst out, having to tell someone. Zac smiled up at me. “I bet it’s beautiful.” I sighed and put my head in my hands.

7:45….

7:50….

8:00…

I felt my heart sinking with every minute passing. Zac was walking backwards and forwards up the veranda mumbling under his breath. “He’ll be here soon… Maybe he got held up.” I felt tears welling up in my eyes and then I heard my phone buzz.

“It’s Leigh. I’m going to Prom with Sarah. Why would I even go with you? ”

I felt a tear roll down my cheek. “Was that Leigh? Did the little prick explain why he was late?” Zac walked over to me as I stood up, trying to stop myself from bursting into tears. “Well?” “HE’S NOT COMING!” I screamed and ran inside to my bedroom, slamming the door shut behind me. I threw my heels into the closet and went to run into the bathroom, when the corner of my dress got stuck on the nail sticking out of my bed, ripping it up the side. I fell in a heap on the floor, my head on the ground, my tears soaking the carpet. How could he do that too me? More importantly why did I even believe him? I felt so used and stupid and worthless. I heard a banging on the door but I ignored it. Zac came bursting through and stood in front of me. “Bianca…” He dropped to his knees and wrapped his arms around me. “I should have known better… how was I so fucking stupid?” Zac lifted my chin up and looked me in the eyes. “It’s not your fault.” He smiled comfortingly and that made the tears flow faster. “I ripped my dress…” I murmured and he let the ripped fabric run through his fingers, gently touching my leg. I felt my skin become hot. The tears were slowly stopping… And I could make out his features. His hair fell around his eyes as he looked at my dress. “I’m sure we can fix it.” He said calmly. I was still sitting on the floor… I put my head down and felt single tear roll down my cheek. He lifted my chin up an looked my in the eye. He moved in closer…

[Zac’s POV]

I couldn’t think of anything worse than watching that selfish little prick walk off with the girl I wanted so badly. But I promised Brandon I’d have a closer look at him; make sure he was an aright kinda guy. Of course I couldn’t tell Bianca that I was practically spying on her could I! Then she walked out, and my heart sunk into my toes. She was so beautiful and grown up. I couldn’t even think straight, it was like the whole world stopped for the spilt second as I looked at the beautiful young woman standing in front of me. “You look beautiful…” I managed to say, the words getting caught in my throat. I watched as she blushed and I followed her outside. “Do you like this guy?” I asked, not meaning to. I wasn’t thinking straight, she was just so… stunning. “Uhh, he’s alright.” I looked out at the street, not able to control her any longer. We were silent for a while, the wind creeping around our ankles. “I can’t wait to get there…” She said aloud, as if she’d spoken her thoughts. I smiled at her and she sighed, placing her head in her tiny hands. “I bet it’s beautiful…” She murmured.