STATUS

After deciding on a plan, I convince Allison to help Bishop in town to look for Britney, and if possible, find out what she can about this third attack. While I take the leather jacket with me into the woods, every so often taking whiffs, and trying to see if I can track the smell. In case they really did come out this way like the rogue did.

Ironic, how this place that I chose for its wooded protection, could be used against me. Such as harboring dangers affecting everyone around me.

The scent is werewolf, but what I can't figure out is, why one would kidnap Britney? To lure me out? Catch me off my guard? Seeing how the rogue was dead, I suspect retaliation of some kind. The second I transformed I brought my true identity into the light. 

Suddenly, a shift in the corner of my eye catches my attention. A blurred figure rushes by, but it isn't an animal. "Hey! Wait!" I yell chasing after them. The figure in front turns out to be a person, he moved like me, and smelled like me, but how did I not see him coming? Now that I'm on his tail, I still can't smell him either.

Leaping over tree roots, brushing aside branches, I gain on him. He looks back, and mutters out a curse. Pumping his legs faster, he tries to escape but I catch up easily reaching out to him and grabbing him from the back of the shirt.

We come to a stop, and he throws a punch at me. I duck my head to the side, grabbing at him again. Slamming him face first against the base of a tree, he grunts and I twist his arm behind his back. "Who are you!" I growl in his ear, while he struggles against my hold. I slam him against the tree again. "Start talking!"

He looks at me through the corner of his eyes, smiling. "Sure thing, alpha. Look behind you." 
On cue, two hands on my shoulders pull me away. I stumble back and notice two more rogues defending their own.

One throws another punch, but I deflect his arm with mine and dish out one of my own. The second rogue also rushes at me with claws, but as he goes for a scratch, I raise my arm up in another deflect then grab his shirt. I turn and shove him into the other wolf and they both fall over. But I keep my hands raised, turning on my heels to keep all three of them locked in my sights. 

The rogue I pinned to the tree turns and lets out a fierce cry before coming at me. He comes with a right hook, but I grab it and as he goes for a left hook, I grab that too. I trap him in my grip and he pushes against me forcing me to step back.

From behind, the other rogue tackles me, and shoves me over the hill. Bracing my arms around my head, I take on the drop. Bumping into stumps and hard rocks, until I hit cushioned grass. Landing on my back, I look up to where I fell and see the rogues running away. Sitting up slowly, I feel the bruising and the bones already starting to heal.

I look around, seeing the structure of the cabin not far from me. The other rogues carefully slide down the hill and walk towards it. Two more rogues emerge from inside, and they look to where the rogues point and see me. They don't waste time in running away, so I get up and try to follow them. But I stop when I see ripped notebook book paper on the ground, floating aimlessly in the breeze. Crouching down, I grab a piece and notice my handwriting. 

The despair courses through my veins when I look at the door of the cabin, barely hanging off its hinges. I rush inside, noticing more wreckage. The couch flipped upside down, fluff from pillows scattered all over, my blankets torn, and my pictures smashed, even the kitchen is in more of disarray.

Most importantly, the information board is torn apart. However, the smell of the rogues lingers near the bed, where my clothes and Allison's are tossed on the ground. Kneeling on the ground, and sifting through the clothes, I find one of Allison's shirts with a part of missing fabric.