Chapter 1

10 years later~

"Kurai, behind you!" Hiro shouted from infront of me and i immediately ducked. As i did, Hiro jumped onto my back, using it as a step to throw himself onto a dragon.

He cut it with his sword and it fell lifelessly to the ground.

"And that makes you my 50th kill~" He said in a singsong voice, mocking the dead dragon. He turns to face me.

"We make a pretty good team don't we Kurai?" He said flashing me a smirk.

"... You used me as a stepping stone without warning." I replied and walked to him, getting to close to his face. He blushed and started to stutter with his words.

I pull his armor down and he falls to the ground face first, barely being chomped on by a dragon that came from behind.

It started to spew fire but i sliced its jaws clean off before it hurt anybody.

"67. We need to finish this mission before the dragons can call anymore reinforcements. I honestly dont know why Iroh had to let you come if i was just going to watch over you." I said as i watched my fellow comrades get killed one by one.

"You already know why. Ever since that day we've been getting reports on more dangerous dragon activities. They've expanded in numbers and their attacks are getting more and more unpredictable and dangerous." He replied.

We were given word a few hours ago that a town was being attacked by dragons. Only, it was being lead by 2 dangerous dragons we call, Zai-O and Yogan. They were bigger compared to other dragons and have killed countless lives.

"Commander Kurai! I see him! In the middle of the town!" My subordinate informed me and i looked in the direction he pointed and i see Zai-O. A dark red dragon wreaking havoc, spewing fire onto the buildings before it.

He stops his destructive creation as he sees me. I run to him and give him one good slice on his wing.

"You're going down today." I say as he glares at me, not caring for his bleeding wing.

I've faced him several times before, a year back. He flew high in the sky, commanding the other dragons to fight for him while he only watched. He only used his power from afar to create lava.

Now that he was on the ground, facing me head on without help was new and so i quickly killed him off.

I hear a mighty roar above me. It was Yogan flying from above. He saw the dead dragon and called for the others to retreat.

I take my sword and with one swoop i threw it at his direction. It would have gotten him, but another dragon flies in and takes a hit to its stomach. It falls below a slope and into some trees.

Yogan takes a look at the falling dragon, back to me and then keeps flying straight ahead.

I go past the trees to retrieve my sword but came face to face with the dragon. My sword, no longer in his body. It took an offensive position, ready to attack. I was without weapon so i didnt make any sudden moves.

A sharp tree branch came into my view and i leaped for it. The dragon tries to pounce on me but with its injured body, could not move.

I was about to strike it down when i spot a scar on its left wing. It resembled the size of the tree branch that got stuck in that baby dragon i saved 10 years ago.

I looked into its eyes and saw the same flame that burned within it, the day it spoke to me. The color was the same dark blue.

"It's you.." I said, putting down my weapon.