Chapter 3 - New Warriors and a Future Leader

"I think Silverpaw fought well in the battle," Frostleaf told Brownstar, who listened in interest.

"Timberpaw and Dewpaw too," she added. "I heard from Patchheart that Timberpaw chased a young badger away from camp and Dewpaw helped Specklebreeze to chase away Whitetuft."

"I agree," Brownstar mewed in approval and pride for his kits. "We will hold the ceremony at sunset."

~~~~

"Let all cats who are old enough to catch their own prey to gather at Highledge for a clan meeting!" Brownstar yowled.

Silverpaw, Timberpaw and Dewpaw were neatly groomed, and they looked up at the leader as he said the familiar words.

"I, Brownstar, leader of ThunderClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on these apprentices. They have trained hard to understand the ways of your code, and I commend them to you as a warrior in their turn." Those words were familiar from Frostleaf's own warrior ceremony, and she was sure that the apprentices felt the same.

"Silverpaw, Timberpaw, Dewpaw," he continued, "do you promise to uphold the warrior code, even at the cost of your life?"

"I do," all of them replied confidently.

"Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior names: Silverpaw, from this moment on, you will be known as Silvercloud. StarClan honours your loyalty and quick-thinking, and we welcome you as a full warrior of ThunderClan."

"Timberpaw, from this moment on, you will be known as Timberclaw. StarClan honours your courage and perseverance, and we welcome you as a full warrior of ThunderClan."

"Dewpaw, from this moment on, you will be known as Dewsplash. StarClan honours your eagerness and endurance, and we welcome you as a full warrior of ThunderClan," Brownstar finished.

"Silvercloud! Timberclaw! Dewsplash!" the clan cheered.

Brownstar's eyes shone with pride as the clan chanted their names. Silvercloud came to Frostleaf. "Thanks for being a good mentor," she mewed.

She purred in reply, happy that her first apprentice became a warrior. Suddenly, darkness clouded her vision. She heard cats whispering words and she managed to make sense of them.

"I hail you by your new name, Silverst-"

Her original vision reappeared, and Silvercloud was staring at her in concern. "What's wrong?"

She shook her head. "It's time for your vigil. Talk in the morning." Her former apprentice nodded and followed her littermates to start their vigil.

That night, when Frostleaf slept, she began to dream.

The sky was dotted with stars, and the trees swayed gently in the breeze. "Where am I?" she asked, trying not to show fear.

"Don't be afraid," a calm and comforting voice sounded behind her. When she looked around, she saw a brown tom with amber eyes padding towards her.

"Oakblaze!" she yowled happily, touching noses with her father. "I have a message for you," he mewed, his voice becoming more serious.

"Wait, did StarClan send the dreams and the visions I received?" Frostleaf asked. Oakblaze looked puzzled. "StarClan didn't sent any dreams or visions except this."

"But I received something. It said about tough storms, hail of flight or something and blood of all. Do you know what it means?" she insisted.

Oakblaze sighed. "StarClan didn't know about this, but I think it's about the future. Other than that, I can't tell you anything else."

"The future?" she wondered out loud. "Then what is the message you were going to give me?"

Oakblaze rested his tail on her shoulder and mewed, "There's a prophecy: Lightning, Shade, Breeze and Wave will face the dark storm, but not alone. With Flight guiding the four with Wing in their faith, five will become one, to battle the darkness that sprang from the admits of its defeat."

"What do you want me to do?" Frostleaf asked, feeling that trouble is coming.

"You will have to find another clan," Oakblaze explained. "A clan far away from the forest, called DragonClan."

"What?" she asked in disbelief. "Another clan? What are dragons?"

"Yes," he comfirmed. "Head towards the sun-drown place. Starlight on calm water will show that you are at your destination. Don't worry about the meaning, all will be known in time."

"But I have responsibilities in the clan, I can't just leave," Frostleaf pointed out.

"The clan will manage and understand the need for your leave," Oakblaze mewed. "Good luck, the fate of the clan rests on your shoulders."

------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: The next chapter will be the journey to find DragonClan, and I'm excited to write it. If you don't understand, as Oakblaze said, "All will be known in time." It will be like the Great Journey all over again, but with one cat and shorter duration.