Chapter 46

No one's POV:
After the incident with the Green Goblin, Lauren had fell to the ground unconscious.

Austin and Camila found Lauren in the flames and got her out as quickly as possible.

Having heard screams of a woman still inside, Camila went to get Aunt Clara out who had also fell unconscious.

Both teenagers carried the Jauregui's to the hospital and were now being attended.

The car ride towards the hospital was silent. Camila as fast as she could, got Lauren out of her Spidey suit and put some clothes on her that were kind of burned but not completely ruined.

After getting both women to emergency and checked in, Camila and Austin had to now wait for a doctor or nurse to give them the permission to enter.

An hour later, the doctor had medically cleared both Jauregui's and found themselves in regular rooms.

As Lauren remained sleeping, she began to have a dream of the last time she ever saw her parents.
_________________________________

Lauren's POV:
-Flashback-
"We have to go now Liz. They have discovered my study and they want to use it against me. I will NOT allow it." said Lauren's dad.

"But what about Lauren? We can't just leave her with your brother Mike and his wife." said Lauren's mom.

"But we can't risk her life.. She had nothing to do with the mistakes we have made. With the mistakes I have made. She deserves a normal life."

As Lauren eavesdropped her parent's conversation, she found herself confused as to what her dad's research was that has put him in danger with Oscorp.

"Lauren come back here sweetie, let's give your mom and dad some privacy. They will know what to do." said Aunt Clara.

Lauren left with her aunt to keep on playing with her Iron Man and Captain America action figures.

A couple minutes later both of her parents came out and talked privately with both Uncle Mike and Aunt Clara. Afterwards, her dad approached her and said "We will be back sooner than you think Lauren, if anything happens let your aunt and uncle know first."

"We will miss you so much dear. Please know that we are so proud of you." said Lauren's mom teary eyed.

Lauren felt some tears falling down her face. She didn't want her parents to go.

"I want to come with you." said Lauren and then she began to sob.

"I wish we could honey, but your mother and I need to handle this business meeting. Plus you would not want to be there, it gets really boring." said Lauren's dad as he caressed her cheek.

Lauren hugged his dad tightly while she sobbed. Her mom crouched to join in the hug.

"We'll take very good care of her, we'll raise her as if she was our own kid." Uncle Mike said.

Richard gently pulled away from Lauren's little arms and turned to her brother, "I know you will Mike, thank you."

Both Liz and Richard said their goodbyes and headed out to the door. Since it was night time and poured down so much to the point where the visibility drastically decreased to two miles, they waited for their cab that would take them to the airport.

Once the cab came, Lauren looked outside the window the whole time without knowing that this would be the last time she'd see her parents.
_________________________________